Assistant Company Secretary & DPO (Fashion Retailer)
|Job Title:||Assistant Company Secretary & DPO (Fashion Retailer)|
|Salary:||£60000 - £80000 per annum + benefits (negotiable)|
|Contact Name:||Nathan Wilson|
|Job Published:||July 12, 2019 10:09|
A one-of-a-kind opportunity for an Assistant Company Secretary & Data Protection Officer to play a dual role for a Leading British Fashion Retailer to ensure the firm is compliant with standard financial & legal practice.
The firm works globally as a Fashion retailer in online and catalogue sales with an ever-growing Global presence. They have a very creative working culture in a flat organisational working environment. You will work alongside enthusiasts and professionals from the fashion industry and be encouraged to work in a unique collaborative style.
What does this mean for you?
As well as acting as assistant company secretary, you will have full responsibility for Data Protection and act as head of Governance driving privacy culture, playing a key role for the business on a Global scale.
What does the role entail?
- Act as Company DPO, representing the firm globally in data protection matters
- Manage the firm's Data related risks working with relevant teams to minimise risk
- Run the GDPR steering committee
- Promote a Privacy culture across the business educating the company & teams on important compliance requirements
- Maintain the statutory registers such as register of Directors, share register and opinions register
- Manage filing with Companies House such as the confirmation statement & accounts
- Ensuring compliance with various legal obligations linked to a company's registered office
- Form collaborative working relationships with key business stakeholders (IT/Legal/Security/Finance/HR)
What does the role require?
- An experienced Privacy practitioner with 3-5 years' minimum experience in a privacy setting
- A strong understanding of governance in a B2C context
- A skilled communicator with the ability to work collaboratively with a range of business stakeholders
- An ethical and principled personality that can act proactively
Preferences for the role?
- A keen interest in the Retail/Fashion Industry
- Company Secretarial background
- Multi-jurisdictional experience
To discuss this opportunity in more detail please do not hesitate to apply to this advertisement or get in touch with Nathan Wilson direct at Lawrence Harvey to arrange a confidential conversation
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Direct Line - 02039295885
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an employment agency in regards to this position. Visit our website www.lawrenceharvey.com and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @lawharveyjobs
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Global Privacy Counsel & DPO (contract)
South West England, England
Data Privacy/Information Technology Architect
Group Data Protection Officer (Financial Services)
£80000 - £100000 per annum + benefits (negotiable)
GDPR Project Manager (Contract) - London
Up to £400 per day