Azure Cloud BI Specialist
|Job Title:||Azure Cloud BI Specialist|
|Contact Name:||Arthur Blass|
|Job Published:||November 05, 2021 15:25|
My consumer electronics distributor is seeking a skilled developer with strong data warehouse and ETL processing, Microsoft SQL and Azure Data Platform experience and data development environment with Microsoft SQL and Azure Data Platform including Power BI service and Machine learning knowledge.
The position is fully remote and is Outside IR35 for all UK-based candidates, offering a 6-month contract. All EU candidates are welcome.
Able to transform conceptual designs into reliable and scalable processes by design, development, and maintenance of Cloud Database services.
Able to transform conceptual design and implement end to end builds into the Azure SQL Database.
Collaborate with team to identify and document analytic needs and requirements and works with team to design, develop, test, implement and support DW build outs.
Will collaborate with team members to ensure functional and technical solutions and look for innovative and next generation solutions for solving data challenges.
Will play an active role in quality assurance for data and solution initiatives by attending team meetings and providing necessary expertise for BI team.
- Strong and SQL Server management system, Azure Data Platform and Power BI experience
- Strong understanding of relational and dimensional modeling, with experience using various tooling (Azure, On-Premises, Power BI)
- Should have experience in cloud migration and integration
- Ability to manage deployments and take on technical leadership responsibilities of database projects
- Create data transformations and build simple to complex data pipelines & data flows
- Strong experience in Azure ecosystem such as ETL Jobs, Azure Data Factory (ADF), Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure Data Pipeline, Data Flows & Data Bricks, Azure SQL Database
- Knowledge of other Azure Services like Azure Functions, Logical Apps, APIs or ETL Technologies
- Strong experience in SQL writing, T-SQL tuning/optimization, and analytics
- Microsoft Power BI is associated with reports, datasets, dashboards, KPI, visualizations, apps, workspaces and security
- Could provide advice on Power BI architecture for size, speed and functionality of reports
- Experience in connecting to data sources, importing data and transforming data
- Perform data manipulation and cleansing to prepare datasets for visualization
- Proficient with developing Power BI dataset and structures, based on data from SQL Server and other data sources, Data Lake, API calls
- Proficient with DAX code including aggregations, calculations, classifications, and hierarchies
- Recommend additional options for reporting and analytics and continuously improve performance
- Design effective layouts using Data Visualizations best practices
- Deploy Power BI scripts, perform detailed analytics and facilitate the needs analysis through implementation
- Experience with automation using a scripting language (Python, Perl)
- Functions as a primary contributor in designing, coding, testing, debugging, documenting and supporting established specifications and business requirements to deliver business value
- Ability to perform and lead code reviews and re-enforce standards and consistency
- Performs problem resolutions and root cause analysis along with recommending and implementing preventive techniques
If you're interested, please forward your CV to email@example.com. All recommendations are welcome.
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an Employment Business in regards to this position. Visit our website and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies (lawharveyjobs)
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's