Azure Infrastructure Engineer
|Job Title:||Azure Infrastructure Engineer|
|Salary:||£45000 - £60000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Thomas Roycroft-Davis|
|Job Published:||February 03, 2020 09:03|
Within this role you will:
- Responsible for designing and implementing solutions with senior members of the Infrastructure and Architecture teams.
- Supporting the Azure cloud services & virtual machines including SQL Azure and Azure AD, as well as on-prem Windows server operating systems and legacy managed VMWare environment.
- Knowledge of VMWare will be of advantage during a period of transition to Azure services. Based on DevOPS methodology, this will be a key role supporting Development, Staging and Production environments for an ever-growing portfolio of critical financial applications and highly compliant payment processing solutions.
- Work closely on the design and implementation of solutions with senior members of the Infrastructure and Architecture teams.
- Help produce appropriate infrastructure designs and technical specifications in line with defined processes to support the development of new and improved systems.
- Work within Agile teams to help deliver solutions into live environments, including Azure Devops configuration and Cloud automation.
- Work with the team where required to resolve technical incidents.
- Provide support to colleagues through mentoring and guidance on best practice and continuous improvement.
- Provide ad-hoc out of hours additional support during a major incident where the business need demands it.
- Participate in the IT Operations shift pattern (between 8am and 6pm) and out of hours rota.
To be successful in this role you will have:- Excellent background as an infrastructure engineer.
- Strong experience of supporting Azure Cloud Services.
- Strong experience of supporting on-prem and cloud services Excellent experience of Windows Server, IIS, SQL Server, Active Directory
- Experience of Biztalk an advantage
- Good experience of IP networks across firewalls, routing & switching, VLANS and VPNs and remote access
- Ideally PowerShell and scripting experience
- Excellent communication & stakeholder management experience
In support of the company's cloud migration strategy, exposure to the following would be beneficial:
- Microsoft Azure IaaS
- Microsoft Azure PaaS
- Azure Resource Manager Templates and Blueprints
- Automated deployments with Azure DevOps
- Cloud Networking
- Cloud Security
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an employment agency in regards to this position. Visit our website www.lawrenceharvey.com and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @lawharveyjobs
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Azure Engineer - Leading Azure Partner!
£75000 - £85000 per annum + Great Bonus and Benefits!
Azure DevOps Engineer
City of London, London
Lead Azure DevOps Engineer
Birmingham, West Midlands
£75000 - £85000 per annum
Azure Data Engineer
West Midlands, England