Cloud Architect/Solution Architect/Platform Architect
|Job Title:||Cloud Architect/Solution Architect/Platform Architect|
|Contact Name:||Ben Small|
|Job Published:||August 09, 2018 16:21|
I have an immediate need (start asap, 6 month minimum) for a number of Architects. Specifically to cover the following disciplines:
* Platform Architect
* Solutions Architect
* Cloud Architect
All roles are based in Walbrook.
For the avoidance of doubt: I am not looking for a Software Architect. The high level design of the software implementation is outside the scope of this role; however the development and platform engineering leads are the primary customer for this role and considerable collaboration is expected.
Key Responsibilities for the role:
* To provide and own architecture and design artefacts that translate business needs and requirements in technology system solutions.
* To provide infrastructure design leadership and be accountable for the technology design of one, or more:
o major business product segments;
o significant technology domains;
* To provide architecture input and support for the SAFE process.
* To work closely with the client development teams to ensure that the infrastructure designs are understood and successfully realised to support the developed applications.
* To liaise and interface with wider client infrastructure architects and designers.
* To ensure that EDP solutions implement and operate within the technology governance framework in order to assess all projects and initiatives for 'fit' against the group technology strategy, architecture and policies, working to resolve non-conformance with the project.
* To support technology supplier and product selections in conjunction with the business and other areas of the EDP programme.
* To participate and contribute to the broader design governance forums to provide solution architecture and design leadership.
* Be accountable for the development, maintenance, communication and implementation of the technology of major deliverables.
* Solution architecture and design of systems to leverage the data and its value as an asset
* Performance and optimisations of the applications at run times as well as their deployments and continuous integrations.
* Contribute to EDP and application related strategy road mapping
* Architect and design application flows through messaging, ETL, application transformations.
* Over and above application, hands on engagement in data, security and infrastructure architectures
* Contribute to Governance, Applications, Infrastructure and Interface Architectures
* Provide out of hours support as and when required in order to ensure an Operational System.
* 2+ years Infrastructure or Solutions architecture with multi-terabyte Hadoop or other big data production solution; or within an environment that can be demonstrated as requiring similar solutions. (For the Cloud role this must specifically be on AWS).
* Additional minimum of at least two of:
o 2 years of physical infrastructure architecture,
o 2 years of solutions architecture,
o 2 years of logical or applications architecture.
* Prior architecture experience with Hortonworks Data Platform.
* Prior architecture experience with Kafka (preference for Confluent)
* Implemented High Availability and Disaster Recovery Hadoop production infrastructure.
* Experience with Big Data cloud deployments.
* Experience in all aspects of the software development lifecycle including: requirements gathering, design, coding, testing, source control and production support and leadership in setting of standards for these.
* Experience of securing Hadoop and related technologies within a Kerberos and Active Directory environment.
* Experience with SAFE (Scaled Agile Frameworks for Enterprise) or similar.
* Strong understanding of system architecture and general programming concepts and best practice and ability to lead solutions within these.
* Strong understanding and practical experience of designing secure production environments based on Kerberos and Active Directory environment.
* Advanced analytical and problem solving skills and a habit of thorough attention to detail; ability to quickly understand, decompose and address issues.
* The ability to prioritise effectively in order to be productive in an agile and highly dynamic environment in which priorities and goals may change rapidly.
* Excellent communication skills written and spoken; including interpreting Business issues; able to communicate the same message clearly to different audiences.
* The ability, willingness and discipline to create and maintain concise, accurate, readable, relevant documentation on our wiki (we use Confluence) and ticketing system (we use Jira).
* The ability to provide direction, expertise and support to other team members
* Sensitivity to the security and lifecycle management requirements of personal financial data.
* Very strong stakeholder management skills, with the ability to understand stakeholder expectations and be able to negotiate and influence at a senior level
* Excellent translations between business and technology domains
* Strong bias towards automation and continuous integration.
* Ability to manoeuvre in hybrid environments where core activities are done in agile and some surrounding activities (backlog grooming infra builds, PMO, operation testing, etc) remain 'classic'.
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an Employment Business in regards to this position.
Visit our website www.lawrenceharvey.com and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @lawharveyjobs
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's