Cloud Security Engineer- Financial Services- New York
|Job Title:||Cloud Security Engineer- Financial Services- New York|
|Location:||New York, USA|
|Contact Name:||Raeesa Patel|
|Job Published:||May 11, 2020 18:32|
Lawrence Harvey are working with a Global Financial Services firm who are looking to supplement their Information Security team by bringing on a Cloud Security Engineer.
You will be tasked in understanding security requirements of our cloud services, providing guidance for usable infrastructure security and ensuring that logical security controls are manageable.
You will be:
- Responsible for the thorough documentations of implementations, via technical documentation
- Apply adept understanding and experience with systems automation platforms and technologies
- Partake in efforts that shape the organization's security policies and standards for use in cloud environments
- Interpret security and technical requirements into business requirements and communicate security risks to relevant stakeholders ranging from business leaders to engineers
- Collaborate with application developers and database administrators to deliver creative solutions to difficult technology challenges and business requirements
- Provide subject matter expertise on information security architecture and systems engineering to other IT and business teams
- Execute security architectures for cloud cloud/hybrid systems
- Responsible for automating security controls, data and processes to provide improved metrics and operational support
- Employ cloud-based APIs when suitable to write network/system level tools for safeguarding cloud environments
- Stay abreast of emerging security threats, vulnerabilities and controls
- Spot and execute new security technologies and best practices into the company's Cloud offerings.
You'll need to have:
- 5+ years of hands on programming experience in Python, Golang or any strong object-oriented programming language
- 3+ years of experience with building cloud services
- Experience with managing security aspects of cloud infrastructure and applications
- Experience building and maintaining services in the public or private cloud
- Experience with best practices for implementing cloud security
- Knowledge building and maintaining cloud security management frameworks
- Experience with cloud provisioning and orchestration tools such as Kubernetes, Terraform, and Ansible
- Experience of automation throughout the software development lifecycle.
- Knowledge of AWS/Azure/Google Cloud security services and tools.
- Experience with cloud security management tools, such as Splunk, Dome9.
- Familiarity with cryptography techniques, tools and processes.
- Experience of CI/CD toolchain such as Jenkins, Github, Artifactory.
If this role sounds of interest, please do not hesitate to apply.
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an employment agency in regards to this position. Visit our website www.lawrenceharvey.com and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @lawharveyjobs
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's