Cyber Hunting Specialist
|Job Title:||Cyber Hunting Specialist|
|Salary:||£60000 - £65000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Thomas Cooper|
|Job Published:||February 22, 2021 09:47|
This exciting Cyber Threat Hunting (CTH) position is in a newly formed team where you will be expected to proactively hunt for unknown threats, illuminating malicious activities which had previously gone undetected. This team sits within the Cyber Defence capability alongside the SOC, CTI and CSIRT teams but would also interact closely with the Red Teaming function, allowing exposure and involvement in all elements of cyber security but with a honed in focus on Cyber Threat Hunting (CTH).
- Hunting for malicious and anomalous activity across the enterprise.
- Development and implementation of advanced analysis and search capability to identify potentially sophisticated APT and insider threat activities.
- Researching new and existing threat actors and associated tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs) and their impact to the business.
- Work closely with the security/content engineering teams to develop use-cases and improve overall efficiency of the Cyber Threat Hunting (CTH) processes.
Required Skills & Experience
- Proven experience in identifying and responding to advanced attacker methodologies and external attack infrastructures.
- A 'purple team' mindset, specialising in blue/red teaming with a natural curiosity as to how the other side operates.
- Strong knowledge of the development and deployment of advanced security monitoring techniques and the creation of new cyber threat hunting (CTH) use cases.
- Previous experience working in a dedicated Cyber Threat Hunting (CTH) team or advanced SOC/CSIRT capability.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a newly established Cyber Threat Hunting (CTH) team within one of the most advanced Cyber Defence capabilities in the UK, if not globally. The successful candidate will be given freedom to investigate, research and proactively hunt for various cyber security threats, whilst also being afforded responsibility to help shape the Cyber Threat Hunting team. The client has significant budget to invest in you, and you'll be joining a company which prides itself on its culture and the way they look after their staff.
If this sounds interesting to you, click apply.
Cyber Threat Hunting, Cyber Hunting, Cyber Security Research, Security Research, Threat Hunting, CTH, SANS, GIAC
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an Employment Business in regards to this position. Visit our website and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies (lawharveyjobs)
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Cyber Threat Intelligence Specialist
£40000 - £70000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits
Cyber Security Specialist
Birmingham, West Midlands
£50000 - £60000 per annum + + Benefits
Cyber Security Manager
£60000 - £85000 per annum + plus attractive bonus
Cyber Resilience Senior Manager
£80000 - £105000 per annum + car allowance + bonus + benefits
Cyber Security Analyst
Leeds, West Yorkshire
£450.00 - £480.00 per day