Cyber Security Engineer
|Job Title:||Cyber Security Engineer|
|Salary:||£50000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Jonathan Dale|
|Job Published:||April 01, 2021 10:21|
SOC Security Engineer
Location - Portsmouth
Salary - £50-55,000 + On-Call + Bonus + Generous Benefits
Hours - Mon-Fri, 9-5 (Flexible working hours)
Currently working with a Global Defence firm who are looking to hire their first dedicated SOC Security Engineer to work within their internal Advanced SOC capability. You will be working closely with a well-established team of Cyber Response Analysts, who are responding to, investigating and proactively hunting for the most sophisticated threat, to continually develop the SOC capability and automate tasks where possible.
This is an incredible opportunity for an experienced SOC Engineer to join one of the most advanced internal SOC capabilities and get exposure to an enormous volume of nation state sponsored attacks on a daily basis, whilst receiving a generous remuneration package and significant budget for training. On top of that, as you continue to build out the SOC capabilities, you will be given the autonomy and backing to build a team underneath you, as well as dedicated time to research into various threats and cyber security topics you find interesting!
- Act as a lead and technical escalation point for all SOC owned security solutions.
- Work closely with SOC Analysts to identify opportunities to eliminate false positives through custom built use-cases and automate tasks where possible.
- Support the Global Head of SOC on current and future projects and Architectural issues within the SOC.
- Comprehensive knowledge of SOC toolsets - SIEM, EDR, SOAR, HIDS/NIDS
- Demonstrable experience creating use cases and developing custom rules
- System integration, automation and scripting experience with Bash/Python
- Advanced understanding of networking principles
- Strong knowledge and application of various Cyber Defence methodologies: Cyber Kill-Chain, MITRE ATT&CK Framework, NIST
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an Employment Business in regards to this position. Visit our website and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies (lawharveyjobs)
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Cyber Security Consultant
£50000 - £65000 per annum + plus bonus and benefits
Cyber Security Manager
£60000 - £75000 per annum + plus bonus and benefits
Cyber Security Operations Manager
Cyber Security Architect
£60000 - £75000 per annum + plus package
Cyber Security Consultant (2 years remote)