Cyber Threat Hunter
|Job Title:||Cyber Threat Hunter|
|Salary:||£60000 - £70000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Thomas Cooper|
|Job Published:||February 05, 2021 17:33|
Cyber Threat Hunter
Location - London/Remote
Salary - £60-70k + Bonus + Benefits
Working Hours - Mon-Fri, 9-5
Currently working with a Technology giant who are looking to bring in an experienced Cyber Threat Hunter to help build out their newly formed Cyber Threat Hunting Unit and compliment their well-established Cyber Defence capability.
This is a really exciting Cyber Threat Hunting (CTH) position in a newly formed team where you will be expected to proactively hunt for unknown threats, and illuminating malicious activities which had previously gone undetected. This team sits within the Cyber Defence capability alongside the SOC, CTI and CSIRT teams but would also interact closely with the Red Teaming function, allowing exposure and involvement in all elements of cyber security but with a honed in focus on Cyber Threat Hunting (CTH).
- Hunting for malicious and anomalous activity across the enterprise.
- Development and implementation of advanced analysis and search capability to identify potentially sophisticated APT and insider threat activities.
- Researching new and existing threat actors and associated tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs) and their impact to the business.
- Work closely with the security/content engineering teams to develop use-cases and improve overall efficiency of the Cyber Threat Hunting (CTH) processes.
Required Skills & Experience
- Proven experience in identifying and responding to advanced attacker methodologies and external attack infrastructures.
- A 'purple team' mindset, specialising in blue/red teaming with a natural curiosity as to how the other side operates.
- Strong knowledge of the development and deployment of advanced security monitoring techniques and the creation of new cyber threat hunting (CTH) use cases.
- Previous experience working in a dedicated Cyber Threat Hunting (CTH) team or advanced SOC/CSIRT capability.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a newly established Cyber Threat Hunting (CTH) team within one of the most advanced Cyber Defence capabilities in the UK, if not globally. The successful candidate will be given freedom to investigate, research and proactively hunt for various cyber security threats, whilst also being afforded responsibility to help shape the Cyber Threat Hunting team. The client has significant budget to invest in you, and you'll be joining a company which prides itself on its culture and the way they look after their staff.
If this sounds interesting to you, please apply above!
Cyber Threat Hunting, Cyber Hunting, Cyber Security Research, Security Research, Threat Hunting, CTH, SANS, GIAC
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an Employment Business in regards to this position. Visit our website and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies (lawharveyjobs)
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Threat and Vulnerability Security Consultant
£55000 - £65000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits
Cyber Security Engineer
£50000 - £55000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
Cyber Security Solutions Engineer
£70000 - £75000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits
Senior Incident Response Analyst (DFIR)
£55000 - £70000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
SOC Team Lead
£65000 - £80000 per annum + Bonus + Leading Benefits Package