Data Engineer (Google Cloud Platform)
|Job Title:||Data Engineer (Google Cloud Platform)|
|Salary:||£85000 - £100000 per annum + bonus, 25 days holiday, pension|
|Contact Name:||Mason Nathaniel|
|Job Published:||January 04, 2019 17:01|
Due to significant growth my client urgently requires an experience Data Engineer with exceptional experience around the Google Cloud Platform to join their Data Analytics Practice in London
As a Data Engineer you will join an established project team working on Big Data projects involving architecture & code development for data ingestion, data processing and data visualisation.
These projects will be very cloud heavy and this will require the Data Engineer to to develop various Google Cloud Platform components (i.e. Pub/Sub, DataFlow, BigQuery, Cloud SDK, DataProc, Stackdriver, Data Migration (Cloud SDK (GSUTIL), DISTCP using cloud connector and Streaming data ingestion via Pub/Sub using Python Scripts), interacting with GCP services e.g. BigQuery programmatically using Python APIs, configuring Service Accounts/API Keys etc. for Integration of various GCP services within projects.
- Successful previous experience in a simuilar Big Data Engineering focused role
- Hands on programming experiencing Google Pub/Sub, DataFlow, BigQuery, DataProc, BigTable, Stackdriver etc
- Exceptional skills in the Hadoop Ecosystem (i.e. Hive, Pig, Spark, Sqoop, Kafka, Nifi, Sqoop, Hbase, Oozie etc)
- Programming skills in one or more of the following: Java, Scala, Python
- Any experience with CI/CD and data modelling an advantage
- Certification as a Google Cloud Data Engineer an advantage
Your new employer is a leading IT Services and Solutions Provider. You will join the AI & Analytics Practice who work with SME and Enterprise level companies to development data platforms and products allowing them to make better informed data driven decisions.
- Salary £85,000 to £100,000
- Income Protection
- Fully funded access to training, certification and industry events/conferences
If this sounds like and interesting role apply now online and arrange a time to discuss your situation and the role in more detail.
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an employment agency in regards to this position.
Visit our website www.lawrenceharvey.com and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @lawharveyjobs
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
San Francisco, California
US$120000.00 - US$160000.00 per annum + 10% + extensive benefits
BI and Data Engineer
£45000 - £50000 per annum
Big Data Engineer Developer (Java)
£40000 - £90000 per annum
Big Data Software Engineer - London
£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + pension, health, bonus
Salesforce Marketing Cloud SME
Coventry, West Midlands