Data Privacy Manager, London
|Job Title:||Data Privacy Manager, London|
|Salary:||£60000 - £90000 per annum + Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Nathan Wilson|
|Job Published:||February 06, 2019 08:34|
Excellent opportunity for a Privacy Manager to manage the Data Protection Office for one of the UK's leading and most innovative outsourcing & facilities management companies based in their prestigious London Offices.
The firm has a reputation for expertise, technology and overall customer care by creating amazing work environments for their customers with a tech-savvy approach. They have 150+ offices across the UK providing outsourced services across a range of sectors where they strive to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service with an excellent culture built on integrity & trust.
What does this mean from a privacy perspective?
A lot of diversification… Your role will be a mixture of internal & client facing work, working alongside some of the UK's leading brands across Financial Services, Aerospace & Defence, Energy etc. meaning the data is incredibly varied with no same 'day-in, day-out'. To give you an idea of this, you could be working with Biometric Data one day and Nuclear Decommissioning contracts the next.
The position holds an enormous amount of visibility and performance, and you will have the ability to shape the role for best. You will immediately assume control of the GDPR, and data privacy framework delivered as part of a recent programme, but also to identify, promote and drive necessary changes as the Data Protection Office matures.
What does the role entail?
- Own and manage the day-to-day operations of the Data Protection Office including the first line of defence support through Subject Access Requests, Data Breaches, client requests for information/general queries etc.
- Line manage Data Privacy Analysts
- Work alongside a mix of leading stakeholders from Legal to Data to Security, liaising with business unit heads and their representatives & clients as required.
- Deputise for DPO where appropriate and required,
- Assist the business in maintaining data mapping and risk assessment requirements.
- Coordinate management of data protection processes and controls with the Information Security team.
- Design and maintain presentations, metrics, scorecards etc. to be shared with stakeholders and senior management
- Translate Business conditions into technical requirements for data services & remediation (and vice versa)
What does the role require?
- In-depth understanding of GDPR and data privacy practices
- Previous experience of working in a large enterprise environment delivery privacy, compliance or information security projects
- Preference for leadership experience in operations/BAU focussed team
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with stakeholders of varied accountability and seniority
Preferences for the role?
- Relevant industry experience.
- Professional with a strong work ethic with the ability to interact successfully with all levels of the business
- Ability to thrive in a pressurised and changing environment
To discuss this opportunity in more detail please do not hesitate to apply to this advertisement or get in touch with Nathan Wilson direct at Lawrence Harvey to arrange a confidential conversation - Privacy & Data Protection recruitment specialist.
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Direct Line - 02039295885
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an employment agency in regards to this position. Visit our website www.lawrenceharvey.com and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @lawharveyjobs
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Data Privacy Manager (Internet Company)
£50000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits
Global Privacy Counsel & DPO (contract)
South West England, England
Data Protection Officer (Gaming Industry)
£60000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits
Data Protection Correspondent (Real Estate Services)
£50000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits
Data Protection Specialist (contract) - Manchester
Manchester, Greater Manchester