Data Protection Consultant
|Job Title:||Data Protection Consultant|
|Contact Name:||John Wright|
|Job Published:||September 12, 2018 09:23|
One of my leading clients, a multinational FTSE 100 company are looking for a Data Privacy Consultant to join them on-site in Wiltshire for a 3-6 month contract.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert, providing prompt, professional advice to colleagues where necessary
- Maintain and enhance privacy compliance requirements with the global organization.
- Support periodic review of applicable data protection policies in light of changes in laws, regulatory or organizational policy.
- Support data protection compliance reviews and oversee remediation activities.
- Support monitoring of system/processes development for privacy and data protection compliance.
- Support and the maintenance of vendor privacy due diligence and contractual safeguards.
- Monitoring and evaluation of evolving laws, rules, regulations and guidance to help maintain compliance and strategic alignment.
- Pro-actively conduct data protection impact assessments
- Responsible for timely processing of data subject rights requests and complaints
- Review and maintain data processing records (Art 30. GDPR)
- Work with commercial and IT teams to ensure that privacy requirements are embedded 'by design' into systems and processes that use personal identifiable information
- Participate in the campaign management process for marketing providing validation and sign-off of consent agreements and use of data to support marketing campaigns
- Maintain awareness of changes to legislation, emergence of case law and other areas relevant to privacy and data protection that affect commercial and IT and product communications and briefing materials to share this awareness with key stakeholders
- Report and escalate privacy risk arising from 'business change' that affects personal identifiable information handled by commercial and IT
- Support commercial and IT in the resolution and response to any incident affecting personal identifiable information
- Previous experience (1-3 years) of working as privacy subject matter expert
- Previous experience within a legal, compliance or data protection role having worked with data protection laws, with sound working knowledge of privacy compliance requirements in key territories in which the client operates
- Knowledge of the Privacy, ideally demonstrated with an appropriate qualification (e.g. CIPP/E or CIPP/M)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, able to communicate effectively with people at all levels both inside and outside of the company, tailoring messaging to audience
- High attention to detail
- Good time management and organisation
- Capable of working independently, but within a team structure
- Ability to build trusted relationships with colleagues and key stakeholders
- Self-starter, confidence to independently seek resolutions to issues when appropriate
Is this exciting opportunity of interest? If so, please apply and I will be in touch ASAP.
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an Employment Business in regards to this position.
Visit our website www.lawrenceharvey.com and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @lawharveyjobs
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's