Data Protection Officer (Fashion Retailer)
|Job Title:||Data Protection Officer (Fashion Retailer)|
|Salary:||£60000 - £80000 per annum + Beneftis|
|Contact Name:||Nathan Wilson|
|Job Published:||March 22, 2019 16:49|
A one-of-a-kind opportunity for a Data Protection Officer to take ownership of data protection for a leading British Fashion Retailer based in London.
The firm works globally as a Fashion retailer in online and catalogue sales with an ever-growing Global presence. They have a very creative working culture in a flat organisational working environment. You will work alongside enthusiasts and professionals from the fashion industry and be encouraged to work in a unique collaborative style.
What does this mean from a privacy perspective?
As well as helping to identify and find solutions to risks, this role will be responsible for reporting clearly and concisely on risks to the Board and various committees such as the audit committee, the compliance committee and the GDPR steering committee so you will hold autonomy to promote privacy best practice and shape for best fit.
What does the role entail?
- Reporting line direct to CFO
- Act as Company DPO, representing the company in data protection matters with all external parties and managing all data related enquiries
- Manage data related risks - working with a variety of business stakeholders to minimise/mitigate risk
- Work closely & collaborate with business leaders to drive privacy culture
- Develop clear and concise reporting of risk environment to the business
- Conduct regular (monthly/quarterly) compliance and risk management processes (financial investigations, data protection oversight, incidents & issues management)
- Develop new and maintain existing policies, ensuring they are in accordance with current legislation
- Help relevant business areas with investigations of incidents or issues
What does the role require?
- Ideally, you will have proven experience in a compliance role with a minimum of 3-4 years' working in Data Protection & Privacy
- A subject matter expertise of GDPR and emerging regulation in the privacy arena
- A skilled communicator with the ability to work collaboratively with a range of business stakeholders
- An ethical and principled personality that can act proactively
Preferences for the role?
- A keen interest in the Retail/Fashion Industry
- Exposure to Privacy Internationally
- Understanding of additional governance, risk, compliance frameworks (ISO 27001, PCI etc.)
To discuss this opportunity in more detail please do not hesitate to apply to this advertisement or get in touch with Nathan Wilson direct at Lawrence Harvey to arrange a confidential conversation - Privacy & Data Protection recruitment specialist.
Email - email@example.com
Direct Line - 02039295885
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an employment agency in regards to this position. Visit our website www.lawrenceharvey.com and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @lawharveyjobs
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Data Protection Officer (Gaming Industry)
£60000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits (negotiable)
Data Protection Officer (FTSE 100) (contract)
£800 - £1000 per day
Data Protection & Privacy Analyst (London)
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits (negotiable)
Data Protection Specialist (contract) - Manchester
Manchester, Greater Manchester
Information Security Officer