|Job Title:||Database Administrator|
|Contact Name:||Ben Small|
|Job Published:||August 21, 2018 16:51|
I am currently looking for an AzureSQL DBA for an opportunity based in London. Please see below:
As a DBA you will play a critical role within the technology delivery department. This is a hands-on technical role that will provide support and direction in the design, implementation, maintenance, monitoring, and troubleshooting of all client databases both production and non-production. You will champion the use of our clients Azure database infrastructure as well as improve our clients Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD) practices.
The role focuses heavily on collaborating with the development teams to lead design of data flow, schema design and communicating changes to the wider business community. Responsible for the standards and design of physical data storage, maintenance, access and security administration. Performs backups and recoveries on database management systems. Defines data repository requirements, data dictionaries and warehousing requirements.
Main Duties (responsibilities, key result areas, team function) Approximate % of the role
- Design, develop, operate and continuously improve clients Azure database resources (25%)
- Design of database schema for today's needs and for the future (25%)
- Interface with and manage multiple internal and external teams' database needs (5%)
- Provide advice and expertise to other departments related to database schema, query and performance optimization, providing subject matter expertise to avoid problems in the future(5%)
- Monitoring and troubleshooting current production faults, as well as proactively monitoring for future problems (10%)
- Relentlessly automate all activities that can be covering all areas of the infrastructure and application deployment and testing (20%)
- Performance tuning and optimisation, index management
- Disaster recovery, backups and restores
- Administering MySQL Servers (10%)
Qualifications, Skills & Qualities:
Education - Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar field of study, or have equivalent industry experience
ExperienceProduction DBA skills
Development DBA skills
5 years' experience with SQL
Minimum 2 years working with Azure SQL
- Set standards and design of physical data storage, maintenance, and access and security administration.
- Optimizes database access and allocates/re-allocates database resources for optimum configuration, database performance and cost.
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems.
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, security, and customer service level agreements (SLAs).
- Maintenance items may include patching, cloning, managing user and DBA security, backup, restore, generate maintenance jobs, and manage integrations.
- Apply data modelling techniques to ensure development and implementation support efforts meet integration and performance expectations.
- Independently analyse, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes.
-Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement, related to both existing features and in support of new development.
Perform scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
Share domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an Employment Business in regards to this position.
Visit our website www.lawrenceharvey.com and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @lawharveyjobs
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
City of London, London
£550 - £600.00 per day
Oracle Cloud Consultant
£400.00 - £600.00 per day
£525 - £575 per day
SQL Developer - Portishead
£45000 - £55000 per annum + 8% pension
Senior DevOps Engineer
West Midlands, England