|Job Title:||DevOps Engineer|
|Salary:||£500.00 - £520.00 per day|
|Contact Name:||John Wright|
|Job Published:||September 20, 2018 09:30|
About the role
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer on an initial 3-6 month contract to work as part of a busy DevOps team maintaining and improving all aspects of the development and production web environments including on premise, private cloud and cloud infrastructures.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Support the production and development environments and provide incident troubleshooting, problem solving and resolution
- Provide infrastructure expertise to other teams
- Plan and implement proactive project work
- Carry out infrastructure maintenance tasks such as backups and DR drill procedures$2022; Environment capacity planning
- Embrace the DevOps methodology
- Conduct research on emerging technologies
- Look to improve efficiency through automation
- Assist with managing web application deployments
You will have a degree in computer science, or in a numerate or scientific discipline, or have equivalent experience. You will have 3+ years of commercial experience with managing and maintaining Windows Server environments.
You will also have experience of the following:
- Good technical understanding of Windows Server 2003->2012
- Experienced in running a web infrastructure (IIS / Apache / nginx)
- Linux OS server experience
- Experienced in one or more of the following languages: PowerShell / Bash / Perl / Java / Ruby / .NET / ColdFusion
- Experience with virtualisation (VMware / OpenStack / KVM)
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet / Chef
- Experience with tools: Vagrant, Packer
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of networks and their underlying protocols.$2022; Experience with AWS EC2 / RDS / Lambda
- Experienced in working with development pipelines and deployment tools (Team City / Jenkins)
- Ability to apply good troubleshooting approach under pressure.
- Ability to clearly communicate complicated technical problems.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present findings and recommendations.
- Ability to be resourceful when investigating
Is this exciting opportunity of interest? If so, please apply and I will be in touch ASAP.
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an Employment Business in regards to this position.
Visit our website www.lawrenceharvey.com and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @lawharveyjobs
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's