|Job Title:||DevOps Engineer|
|Location:||Manchester, Greater Manchester|
|Salary:||£650 - £700.00 per day|
|Contact Name:||Millie Scriven|
|Job Published:||October 30, 2019 17:24|
Contract opportunity: DevOps Engineer/Site Reliability Engineer - Newcastle/Leeds/Manchester - initial 6 months - £650-700 per day - inside IR35
Operational management of Linux servers, delivering a complex web application stack; building and configuring new server platforms and the automated tooling to do so; testing, debugging and troubleshooting of platform level problems; and supporting development teams with configuring applications for deployment.
You will have:
- An understanding of common web application architectures.
- Experience in configuring and managing Linux servers for serving a dynamic website.
- Experience in debugging a complex multi-server service.
- Scripting or basic programming skills.
- Familiarity with network protocols - TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL, etc.
- A strong technical foundation in build, release and environments.
- Passion for and ability to design and support robust build, deployment and configuration management systems for multi-tier Java J2EE _ .Net applications.
- Experience using: installation and management of open source monitoring tools; configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef; deploying and configuring machines in a Cloud environment (EC2, Google App Engine etc.); application deployment strategies and continuous integration; Networking concepts, technologies, and protocols (TCP/IP, IPSec, HTTP, FTP, DHCP, and DNS); Virtualization systems (VMWare, Xen, etc); Operations team experience; administering application servers, servlet containers, and web servers (WebSphere, Apache Tomcat, Jetty, Nginx, Mongrel, Microsoft IIS, Apache HTTP server, etc); integration tools (Jenkins, Travis CL, Go);
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an Employment Business in regards to this position. Visit our website www.lawrenceharvey.com and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @lawharveyjobs
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
ingénieur devOps - AWS
administrateur systèmes devops - k8s
AWS Software Engineer
£400 - £425 per day