Digital Content Officer
|Job Title:||Digital Content Officer|
|Salary:||£200.00 - £250.00 per day|
|Contact Name:||John Wright|
|Job Published:||September 13, 2017 17:59|
Working as part of the digital communications team, the post holder will work closely with key business areas to manage the writing, commissioning, editing, production and publishing of effective and engaging content for the client's website and other digital channels, as the organisation moves through its long term transformation programme.
- Writing customer-focussed content for the web, and managing the production, commissioning and editing of effective and engaging digital content in partnership with different business areas
- Take responsibility for managing content at every stage of client's workflow, showing strong awareness of political context and organisational reputation
- Manage relationships with different business areas to develop content that drives client's business goals as well as meeting customer needs
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the organisation's digital content strategy
- Use customer feedback and analytics to understand customer needs, design effective web content, improve user experience and drive wider business efficiencies
- Take responsibility for ensuring content is current and accurate and that there are processes in place to regularly review content and archive where appropriate
- Ensure compliance with the client brand tone of voice, look and feel and style guide
- Drive innovation, change and continuous improvement trough the client's online offering
- Develop innovative content for the client's social media channels
- Ensure that standards around digital content, including legal compliance and accessibility guidelines, are maintained across the organisation
- Oversee the development of wireframes and page layouts and identify and exploit opportunities for use of engagement functionality and multimedia
- Work closely with developers, UX designers and product managers to deliver innovative online developments
- Critique customer journeys to help generate ideas for improvements where problems can't be solved through content changes.
Knowledge and skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a focus on writing for the web
- The ability to communicate concepts and developments to different of audiences in a succinct manner
- Ability to advocate for the customer in internal discussions, and write for the customer, not the organisation
- Ability to take complex processes and make them easy to understand in well-structured content
- Maintain meticulous attention to detail (spelling, grammar, style, format) and ensure website content owners do the same
- Ability to work effectively as a collaborative and supportive team member.
- Ability to build an internal stakeholder network and strong relationships with a range of internal stakeholders.
- Strong editorial judgement and creative development skills
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and pressures effectively and clear understanding of when to refer upwards.
- Good networking and collaboration skills.
- Experience recognising where different content formats can add value. Experience of commissioning or producing video, graphic or interactive content would be an advantage
- Eye for detail to work to a consistently high level of accuracy.
- A proven track record of managing internal stakeholders, understanding and responding to different perspectives.
- Ability to take initiative and responsibility for projects
- Experience taking complex processes and make them easy to understand in well-structured content
- Experience and knowledge of social platforms (Facebook; Twitter; Snapchat; Instagram etc.)
Is this exciting opportunity of interest? If so, please apply and I will be in touch ASAP.
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an Employment Business in regards to this position.
Visit our website www.lawrenceharvey.com and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @lawharveyjobs
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
E-commerce Project Manager
West Midlands, England
£450 - £475 per day
Azure Cloud Architect
£80000.00 - £90000.00 per annum
Oracle BPM Developer - SC Cleared
£525.00 - £575.00 per day
City of London, London
£500 - £550 per day
Lead DevOps Engineer
City of London, London
£650.00 - £675.00 per day