Global Privacy Counsel & DPO (contract)
|Job Title:||Global Privacy Counsel & DPO (contract)|
|Location:||South West England, England|
|Contact Name:||Nathan Wilson|
|Job Published:||April 17, 2018 09:42|
Lawrence Harvey are engaging exclusively with one of the UKs leading multinational brands to recruit for an interim DPO and General Privacy Counsel.
Length - 3/6 months
Start date - 30th April 2018
Location - South-West England
- Chair the GDPR Steering Group
- Provide legal advice and support on all aspects of compliance with Privacy and Data Protection Law, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Act as the primary point of contact and manage the relationship with external counsel supporting privacy and data protection matters
- Produce monthly report on Privacy and Data Protection Risk
- Maintain relevant data protection registers to monitor and track data sharing arrangements for personal identifiable information
- Proactively monitor for changes to privacy law and regulation; creating executive briefing packs for any change that has a significant impact to the Global business
- The successful candidate will have post qualification experience in privacy and data protection.
- In-house exposure during or post training is a definite advantage.
- Solid background in privacy and data protection law and an ability to apply that knowledge in a practical and pragmatic way;
- Commercial experience, gained in a global business processing large volumes of Personal Identifiable Information
- Strong drafting skills and experience of contract negotiation;
- Good awareness of the role of the legal function in a large business and have the ability to contribute actively in the taking of key business decisions;
- An appetite to learn new skills and the versatility and technical ability to deal with issues outside of their experience and learn quickly on the job;
- Ability to work in a fast paced, constantly changing but supportive environment.
There is a preference for a legally qualified solicitor for this role but it is not an essential requirement.
This is a not-to-be missed opportunity so please apply to this advertisement as soon as possible or get in touch with Nathan Wilson at Lawrence Harvey direct - Privacy/GDPR contract recruitment specialist
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an Employment Business in regards to this position.
Visit our website www.lawrenceharvey.com and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @lawharveyjobs
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Privacy Counsel - London (Global Entertainment Brand)
Up to £95000 per annum + + Benefits
Privacy Associate - MPS (Managed Privacy Service)
£40000 - £55000 per annum + benefits (negotiable)
Data Privacy Associate - Leading Privacy Consultancy
Up to £50000 per annum + negotiable
Data Privacy Associate Consultant
£40000 - £60000 per annum + benefits