Group Data Protection Officer (Financial Services)
|Job Title:||Group Data Protection Officer (Financial Services)|
|Salary:||£80000 - £100000 per annum + benefits (negotiable)|
|Contact Name:||Nathan Wilson|
|Job Published:||July 12, 2019 10:06|
A unique opportunity for an experienced privacy professional to join an International Financial Services Group as Group DPO.
The firm focuses on funds/hedge funds operating in a wealth of countries globally to provide top-level Investment Management solutions. The group is committed to achieving and maintaining compliance with GDPR across all jurisdictions globally.
What does this mean for you?
In this new role for the business you will be responsible for devising, delivering and overseeing the strategy for the Group in relation to Data Protection Compliance.
What does the role entail?
- Undertake the role of DPO under GDPR
- Act as a key contact for GDPR across the business globally (group/staff/supervisors/third parties)
- Oversee legal compliance including the establishment of cross-border compliance monitoring program and development of Data Privacy Impact Assessments (DPIAs)
- Promote a Privacy Culture across the Group through development & maintenance of training program & face to face enhanced training when required
- Support & manage data protection incidents including data breaches, complaints and subject access requests in a timely & appropriate manger in line with GDPR & internal policy
- Form collaborative working relationships with key stakeholders & establish a network of Data Protection leads/champions in each of the locations
What does the role require?
- A certified Data Protection Practitioner with 5-10 years' experience in a Compliance/Data Protection environment
- In-depth understanding of trends in the privacy arena, GDPR, E-Privacy, PECR and other relevant regulatory frameworks
- Financial Services experience
- A skilled communicator with the ability to work collaboratively with a range of business stakeholders
- An ethical and principled personality that can act proactively
Preferences for the role?
- French speaking (for liaising with regulators)
- Multi-jurisdictional experience
To discuss this opportunity in more detail please do not hesitate to apply to this advertisement or get in touch with Nathan Wilson direct at Lawrence Harvey to arrange a confidential conversation
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Direct Line - 02039295885
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an employment agency in regards to this position. Visit our website www.lawrenceharvey.com and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @lawharveyjobs
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's