Head of Data Science
|Job Title:||Head of Data Science|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£90000 - £105000 per annum + bonus, pension, health|
|Contact Name:||Mason Nathaniel|
|Job Published:||August 14, 2019 18:15|
Head of Data Science
I am working with a leading Financial Technology company to find an experienced Head of Data Science to join their London based HQ.
This will see the Head of Data Science leading a rapidly growing a team Data Scientists working together to develop data driven solutions to real world problems within a Financial Services environment.
As the Head of Data Science you will take a hands on approach taking part in research and building algorithms utilising a range of Machine Learning & Big Data tools & techniques. You will also work closely with CxO level to set the data science strategy, road map for the next five years and play a key role ensuring data is at the core of all levels of decision making within the business.
- Previous successful experience in a similar role leading a crack team of Data Scientists
- Strong understanding of statistics and experience taking ML models to production at scale
- Solid use & understand of ML algorithms such as Logistic Regression, Linear Models, Tree Models, SVMs, Gradient Boost, Neural Nets, NLP, CNN, RNNs etc
- Exceptional skills with a range of Data Science tools & frame works such as Python, R, Tensorflow, Theano etc
- Experience with Big Data Tech such as Hadoop, Spark, Hbase, Hive, MapR, HDFS etc
- Financial Services experienced preferred, but not essential
- Salary up to £105,000
- 28 days holidays
- Holiday buy/sale
- And more
Your new employer is a major player in the FS Tech market and has grown exponentially over the last 8 years. You can expect a star-up environment with break out rooms, free drinks, free fruit & cereal and regular team building, hackathons etc.
These operate a environment that encourages research, experimentation and is very supportive. You will be a very visible role and perfectly placed to make a big impact!
If this sounds interesting apply now!
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an employment agency in regards to this position. Visit our website www.lawrenceharvey.com and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @lawharveyjobs
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£70000 - £90000 per annum + bonus, pension
£225.00 - £275.00 per day
Junior OBIEE Data Engineer
South East England, England
£30000 - £40000.00 per annum + Benefits DoE
Data Services Lead
Up to £90000 per annum + bonus, pension