Head of Delivery
|Job Title:||Head of Delivery|
|Salary:||£600.00 - £700.00 per day|
|Contact Name:||John Wright|
|Job Published:||August 08, 2019 10:17|
Role: Head of Delivery
Contract Length: Initial 6 months
Location: Central London
IR35 Status: Outside IR35
Pay Rate: £600 - £700 per day
The Head of Delivery will be responsible for management across a number of technical service delivery teams which will be provided by multiple external suppliers. Each of these teams will have a Delivery Manager or scrum master, responsible for organisation of the delivery team on a day to day basis. The components will provide technical services to the clients customer facing services as well as multiple stakeholders internal to the client.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Hands on management of multiple technical delivery teams to a common outcome.
- Planning and reporting agile deliveries within a waterfall governance environment.
- Project management within a complex and highly regulated environment.
- Project management tools, specifically: MS Project or equivalent project planning tools plus Jira / Confluence / Trello / Slack
- Good understanding of Agile / Lean management approaches.
- SoW definition
- Familiarity with (but not necessarily a user of) Google Analytics, automated testing suites, data analysis tools, development and monitoring tools.
- Digital product development / management for consumer-facing products, with a good understanding of the roles played by user researchers, UX designers, content designers, developers, testers and web-ops in delivering products and services.
- Familiarity with service management approaches, such as ITIL is useful, but not essential.
Experience / Skills required:
- Able to communicate a vision / desirable outcome / goal to team members and trust them to deliver without micro-managing.
- Able to manage multiple business priorities and define an agreed order for delivery that stakeholders and team members have all bought into.
- Experience of leading multiple teams, with distributed team members working on different team goals.
- Capable of managing a broad range of stakeholders with a range of technical abilities / communication styles.
- Able to access and negotiate for resource from external teams when required i.e. web-ops, content design, etc.
- Able to grasp the structural (org chart) and political landscape of a large organisation and successfully build a network of stakeholders who can assist with delivery goals.
Please respond with your CV if you are interested in this opportunity.
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an Employment Business in regards to this position. Visit our website www.lawrenceharvey.com and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @lawharveyjobs
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Business Analyst - Project Delivery
South East England, England
£350.00 - £400 per day
£450.00 - £500.00 per day
EPM Consolidation Managing Consultant - Leading Consultancy
£60000.00 - £90000.00 per annum + Benefits DoE
Integration Technical Architect (TIBCO)
£75000 - £80000 per annum + Bonus, pension
Senior Business Analyst/Scrum Master
£400.00 - £500.00 per day