Head of Network Security
|Job Title:||Head of Network Security|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||Up to £700 per day + NEG|
|Contact Name:||Anneli Sandholm|
|Job Published:||July 05, 2019 10:23|
My client is currently looking for a Network Security Manager for a role based in Berkshire.
You will be responsible for managing a technical team of Service Desk & NOC Engineers/Team Leaders who provide managed services to a large customer base, across a wide range of technologies and SLAs.
What You Will Do
- Key part of the Network Operations leadership Team, providing leadership in a virtual capacity and direct people management capacity.
- Successfully lead & manage the NOC Team, driving a culture of service excellence and continuous improvement with the objective of delighting our customers.
- Direct line management of Team Leaders and Senior Technical Engineers, ensuring regular 1-2-1's are carried out where objectives are tracked and training & progression requirements are identified and actioned.
- Accountable for monitoring and delivering services to the levels defined within the customer contracts and maintaining the high availability of all customer critical services.
- Accountable for the incident and service request queues, ensuring requests are managed within SLA and proactively identifying and managing breaches.
- Review the quality of call, incident & service request handling to ensure that our interactions with our customers are timely and of the highest quality.
- Take the lead on major incidents from an operations management perspective, ensuring the correct resource is engaged, driving 3 rd party escalations and supporting the major incident manager in ensuring service is restored with minimal impact to our customer.
- Management of customer escalations and complaints, ensuring a timely resolution and that any follow up actions and lessons learned are completed.
- Work closely with the Service Contract Management Team to ensure strong working relationships are formed with our customer, this will include attending regular service review meetings.
- Conduct regular team meetings with direct reports and wider team to ensure the team are kept abreast of changes, company updates and opportunities, and to obtain operational updates.
- Close management of team resource levels to ensure that the NOC Team have enough resource to cover all shifts and fulfil the SLA obligations.
Your Experience Will Include
- This is a leadership role, so the ideal candidate will be someone who has extensive service management and leadership experience and is able to draw upon this knowledge to deliver excellent customer service.
- Experience leading technical teams with a good understanding of routing protocols, switching, WAN/LAN infrastructure, MPLS, QOS, NNI, security services and access technologies, in a service provider organisation.
- Track record of successfully building, developing and leading high performing teams and a customer centric culture.
- Experience of building excellent working relationships with Board Level Executives (SMT) and Directors/ Senior Management (customer and internal).
- Worked in a sizeable, fast moving /complex, service led technical and commercial ITIL aligned environment preferably within the telecoms and network industry.
- Outstanding personal organisational skills
- Ability to rapidly build relationships with colleagues at all levels of the business.
- Ability to persuade and influence organisationally through a variety of approaches and across all levels of the business.
- Experience of cross functional working and the ability to demonstrate a collaborative approach, one team, with regarding to building key relationships across the business.
- Experience of having led, defined and implemented a successful communications plan, communicating and celebrating team success.
£700 per day
12 month contract
Please send me an up to date CV for a call back.
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an Employment Business in regards to this position. Visit our website www.lawrenceharvey.com and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @lawharveyjobs
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Network Security Architect
£500 - £550 per day
Network Security Engineer
Up to £400 per day
Up to £120000.00 per annum + benefits+bonus
Cyber Security Analyst
£350 - £450 per day
Greenfield- Security Assurance Specialist
£60000.00 - £75000.00 per annum