Health Economics Advisor
|Job Title:||Health Economics Advisor|
|Salary:||£250.00 - £275.00 per day|
|Contact Name:||John Wright|
|Job Published:||June 28, 2018 15:10|
Overall Job Purpose:
Proactively provide the UK team with the health economics tools, models, information and communications related to cost-effectiveness, cost and outcomes research for pre- and post - launch products.
- Develop the health economic sections of submissions to NICE, Scottish Medicines Consortium, All Wales - Medicines Strategy Group and other health technology assessment groups, including the development of the economic evaluations for these submissions.
- Partner with the regional Global Patient Outcomes and Real-World Evidence (GPORWE) team on the development of UK economic models.
- Develop value messages and materials to support business activities and maximise access for new and launched products.
- Support the Field Force in delivering health economics, cost and outcomes data to the NHS.
- Review GPORWE programs and develop UK health economic strategies.
- Represent the health economic group on cross functional Marketing/ Medical brand teams.
- Provide input to strategic planning process.
- Maintain awareness of significant developments in the field, including current health outcomes methodologies and applications, therapeutic area developments, and other issues as appropriate for specific position responsibilities.
- Post-graduate qualification in health economics (or including strong health economics element).
- Knowledge of all technical aspects of health economic evaluation, including methods of cost effectiveness analysis and assessment of patient quality of life and functional status would be important, as well as the ability to apply health economics principles to practical issues.
- Good understanding of economic modelling.
- Excellent command of English (spoken/written) is essential.
- Strong communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible individual with customer focused and hands on approach.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Accountability and responsibility.
- Problem solving skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to function independently handling multiple tasks.
- Planning and organisation skills.
- Understanding of internal issues.
- Critical thinking.
- Prioritisation skills.
- Previous experience of NICE, SMC or similar submission.
- Knowledge of NHS/ local payor environment.
- Experience of multiple therapy areas.
Is this exciting opportunity of interest to you? If so, please apply and I will be in touch ASAP.
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an Employment Business in regards to this position.
Visit our website www.lawrenceharvey.com and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @lawharveyjobs
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's