|Job Title:||ICT Technician/Consultant|
|Location:||Manchester, Greater Manchester|
|Salary:||£20000 - £26000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Kyle Winterbottom|
|Job Published:||October 01, 2019 15:15|
ICT Technician/Consultant: Manchester
ICT Technician/Consultant required for a privately owned Manchester based business that speciailise in infrastructure, integrated data and ausio visual solutions.
This organisation work with some of the leading brands across the Healthcare, Legal, Construction, Financial, Defense, Government and Education sectors.
Over the last 10 years, this business have built and developed an experienced ICT Support Team and are looking for a number of people to join this team to support the ICT work they are doing within Primary Schools in the Manchester and Salford Areas.
The successful candidate will require to complete on-site ICT support to a range of Primary Education facilities on a full-time contract with an immediate start.
- To ensure the smooth running of the networks and audio/visual systems, ensuring that all faults and problems are quickly rectified, and the networks security is suitable and up-to-date enabling teaching and support staff to operate at optimum efficiency.
- To ensure that equipment is maintained and repaired as necessary.
- Advising on the development and maintenance of all computer systems ensuring that the current systems answer the needs and operate effectively.
- To carry out the installation and configuration of all new computer hardware and software to ensure that it operates to maximum potential.
- Keeping abreast of new technology, advising and recommending as required.
- Ensure and monitor the fault reporting systems to ensure service delivery meets user demands, taking remedial action as appropriate.
- To be aware of all matters relating to health and safety and to implement safe working practices.
- Any other duties commensurate with the post.
Professional Knowledge & Skills
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft desktop operating systems, specifically Windows 10, Windows 8.1 and Windows 7, and an awareness of the differences between 32 bit and 64 bit editions. This includes:
- Installing and configuring Windows
- Hardware drivers and supporting software
- Installing applications
- User accounts, passwords and profiles
- Windows networking
- Windows Deployment Services
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office suites, specifically Office 2013 and Office 2016.
- Ability to quickly understand unfamiliar applications and support them to a high standard.
- Good knowledge of diagnosing and when required fixing faults with computer and audio/visual related hardware. This includes:
- Printers & multi-function copying machines
- Data projectors
- Interactive whiteboards and screens (Smart Technologies software)
- Ability to quickly understand unfamiliar technology in order to support it to a high standard.
- Ability to find the solution to faults and problems using all available resources.
- At least 2 years on site experience in a customer facing role and DBS check required
- Good knowledge of Microsoft server operating systems, specifically Server 2013/2016 and Server 2019. This includes:
- Active Directory
- Hyper-V (Virtualisation Technologies)
- Shared folders and permissions
- Print servers
- Centrally managing a network using Group Policy Objects and scripting where necessary. This includes:
- Application deployment, including repackaging applications for deployment
- Operating system deployment (WDS & MDT)
- Understanding of Apple products, including:
- iOS and OS X
- Managing multiple iPads
- Integrating Apple products with a Windows network
- Good time management
- Ability to prioritise tasks
- Approachable and friendly
- Ability to work in a primary school environment
- Full driving license and own transport required. Expenses package will be payable.
If this role is of interest then please apply directly.
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an employment agency in regards to this position. Visit our website www.lawrenceharvey.com and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @lawharveyjobs
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's