Infrastrucrture Solutions Designer
|Job Title:||Infrastrucrture Solutions Designer|
|Salary:||Up to £484.30 per day|
|Contact Name:||Neil Metcalf|
|Job Published:||January 15, 2019 11:44|
3 month initial contract - highly likely to extend
My client require an experienced Solutions Designer to join its Infrastructure Delivery Team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the development of solutions built on enterprise class platforms to meet business requirements, corporate strategies and architectural standards. You will be working alongside; Enterprise Architects, Business Analysts, Project Managers and Technical Specialists, you will produce fully costed end-to-end solution designs that meet functional and non-functional requirements.
You will be working within the Digital programme and specifically working on a Chatbots and Analytics project solution.
Key tasks for the successful Solutions Designer
* Liaise with IT and Key Stakeholders helping to understand/set high level scope for each proposal.
* Research options and make high level recommendations on delivery methods.
* Liaise with Enterprise Team to ensure standards and future direction are met.
* Provide feedback on likely achievement against initial business case.
* Create infrastructure designs and cost estimates.
* Create task and resource estimates.
* Present proposals for IT architecture and organisational approval.
The successful Solutions Designer will have experience in designing and delivering solutions utilising a wide range of technologies including: Application Provision/Integration, IDAM, Windows Server, firewalls, load balancers, databases, both hosted and cloud (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS).
Essential Skills & Experience
* Experienced in Enterprise grade IT solution design
* Significant background knowledge and design experience / skills.
* Ability to act as SME against a wide range of proposals, technical & business areas.
* Ability to work with BA's and stakeholders to specify a high level the design.
* Good communication skills - including verbal, written and facilitation skills
* Experience of handling multiple tasks running concurrently with varying complexity, time constraints, impacts and risks
* Experience of early planning, estimation and cost modelling
The role is based in Winchester within walking distance of the train station.
Infrastructure Solutions Designer
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an Employment Business in regards to this position.
Visit our website www.lawrenceharvey.com and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @lawharveyjobs
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Up to £440.18 per day
North West London, London
£400.00 - £600.00 per day
City of London, London
£500 - £550 per day
Business Solution Designer
Solutions Architect (IBM bluemix, Cloudfoundry, Predix, Heruku)
£550.00 - £600.00 per day