|Job Title:||Infrastructure Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Musa Konteh|
|Job Published:||January 04, 2021 12:35|
Infrastructure Engineer - Initial 3 months - Completely Remote - Government Body (OUTSIDE IR35)
You'll be working with infrastructure services that underpin all internal user services and services to the public.
Working in a team of infrastructure specialists and engineers, you will build, administer, support, and maintain solutions as directed and according to directorate policy. You will work with third party provision of infrastructure services and provide expertise to support infrastructure services.
Our core infrastructure primarily covers Office 365, Active Directory, on premise Windows and Linux Servers, VMware and Azure virtualisation and data storage.
The role is responsible for supporting highly available services configured according to industry best practices. It also extends to provisioning and building new infrastructure as part of both new technology initiatives and refreshes.
You will thrive using agile methods and enjoy working openly, collaboratively and as part of a multidisciplinary team.
Key Essential skills and experience
- Relevant degree in a computer science field or equivalent level of knowledge gained through experience
- Certification of Microsoft Enterprise OR Microsoft Systems
- Strong working knowledge of networking hardware, software, and protocols.
- Strong expertise and knowledge of Windows Server 2012 / 2016 / 2019.
- Management of Exchange Server 2016 / Online.
- A good understanding of network security, practices, and configuration.
- Good expertise and knowledge of Active Directory and associated services such as Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS), DHCP, DNS, Group policy, WSUS, LDAP
- Good knowledge of Office 365 support technologies including but not limited to Azure AD Connect, ADFS, Azure Active Directory, Conditional Access Policies.
- Knowledge of Windows Deployment Services
- Good expertise and knowledge of Powershell
- Significant experience of Active Directory administration, group policy management, DHCP, DNS, always on VPN, DFS and authentication.
- Experience with SQL Server 2012 / 2016 and always on availability groups.
- Experience with scripting and automation tools.
- Good experience configuring anti-malware, intrusion detection and vulnerability scanning systems.
- Experienced in debugging complex server infrastructure in a high availability environment.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure infrastructure as a service platform and hybrid infrastructure.
- Experience with legacy systems and migrations.
- Previous experience working in a team of infrastructure engineers to deliver a first-class service.
*NOTE*: During this COVID-19 pandemic, currently all staff work from home. This role will be similarly affected.
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an Employment Business in regards to this position. Visit our website and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies (lawharveyjobs)
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's