Infrastructure Support Engineer (Multiple UK sites)
|Job Title:||Infrastructure Support Engineer (Multiple UK sites)|
|Salary:||£200.00 - £400.00 per day|
|Contact Name:||John Wright|
|Job Published:||May 23, 2019 12:23|
CONTRACT OPPORTUNITY: Infrastructure Support Engineer - Multiple UK sites - Initial 6-month contract - Competitive daily rate (Dependent on experience)
One of my leading clients, a global capital goods company are currently recruiting for an Infrastructure Support Engineer to join them on-site for an initial 6 month contract.
My client is looking for an Infrastructure Support Engineer to provide hardware support and maintenance across 5 sites in Essex, Suffolk, Norfolk, Northamptonshire and Bedfordshire. You must be willing and able to travel between sites. Please DO NOT apply if you are not happy to travel between sites.
Day to Day Operational Support:
- Support and 1st / 2nd line Diagnostics of any ICT Hardware related issues
- Source parts and perform repairs, where equipment is out of Warranty
- Relationships with all major ICT hardware suppliers, including HP, IBM, Cisco, Zebra, Xerox.
- The technician will be required to interface with the service providers handling calls and requests for service via Drive-IT or any other system.
- The service technician will be responsible for pro-actively handling all hardware related issues and regular updating and closing incidents in Drive-IT or any other system
- Technician will be required to interface with hardware suppliers to handle all warranty issues on behalf of the client.
- Conversant with, but not limited to, the following products, IBM, HP, Mannesmann, Zebra, NEC, wide ranging model base of desktop PC's, notebooks, networked printers, standalone printers, Servers (application and file and print), monitors, scanners, MFD's (Multi-Functional Devices)
- Maintain and support critical Production and Warehouse equipment, such as handheld scanners and PD line printers.
- Maintain a database of additions, deletions, change of location/user of equipment. Liaise with service providers and the ICT Manager to ensure that amendments are updated within the ITAM system
- Provision of suitable loan machines will be provided where off site repairs are necessary
- Maintain configuration of Xerox MFDs and other Print devices, as well as maintain print server systems.
- Assist Fleet Management team where issues are hardware related
- Attempt data recovery for drive failures
- 1st line diagnostics for any network / LAN related issues liaising with support teams
- Support to any meetings, video conferencing and streaming sessions.
- Source any non-standard ICT HW components
- Perform any Ad-hoc duties as required
Is this exciting opportunity of interest? If so, please respond with your CV and I will be in touch ASAP.
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an Employment Business in regards to this position. Visit our website www.lawrenceharvey.com and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @lawharveyjobs
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior Infrastructure Engineer
£42000 - £45000 per annum
£400.00 - £430.00 per day
Senior Hyperion Consultant - Leading Oracle Consultancy - UK
£60000.00 - £90000.00 per annum + Benefits
City of London, London
£65000 - £75000 per annum
City of London, London, England
£65000 - £75000 per annum