IT Business Analyst - LIMS
|Job Title:||IT Business Analyst - LIMS|
|Salary:||£400.00 - £450.00 per day|
|Contact Name:||John Wright|
|Job Published:||September 27, 2018 09:54|
About the Role
We're looking for an experienced IT Business Analyst with extensive LIMS (Laboratory Information Management Systems) experience to support us during a journey of multi-year investment in our core IT systems. The Business Analyst will support the IT Business Partner and business leaders to deliver world class medium and large sized projects. A key part of this role is to work closely with stakeholders, Project Manager's, as well as other IT and 3rd party teams to drive forward the project to a successful conclusion.
Furthermore, as a Business Analyst, duties such as project resource management, project administration and budget/cost management are also required.
About the Team
Within IT, we follow the Agile methodology, and also Test-Driven Development and Continuous Integration; alongside other methodologies such as Waterfall. There are diverse set of skills, knowledge and experience within the Business Systems Team, focussing on Project Management and Business Analysis, which help support the IT function in delivering key projects.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Successful delivery of projects to time, cost and quality
- Scope definition
- Creation and management of project plans
- Managing blockers, resolving conflicts and supporting the Project Owners and Stakeholders
Risk and issue management
- Be a key point of contact for Project deliveries across IT and the Business
- Communication of project status and progress to business stakeholders and internally within IT and against budget and time
- Articulate project resource requirements and escalate resourcing issues
- Liaise with 3rd Party supplier teams to ensure smooth cooperation and aligned understanding
- Working with the Business Analyst(s) to support them in their project tasks
- Coordination of the scoping of changes, ensuring that impact assessments are carried out, obtaining business and IT approval via the relevant forums
- Liaising and updating progress to the Project Sponsor and Programme Board
- Coordination of teams required to support testing and training
- Competent at managing your own work and collaborate as a team player
- Strong communication skills, written and oral
- Pro-active/forward thinker
You will have worked within an Agile environment and within a business with a web application development and software implementation focus. You must have LIMS (Laboratory Information Management Systems) experience and will be educated to degree level and have more than 5 years' experience as a Business Analyst. You will have a recognised Business Analyst certification such as CBAP or have attended a formalised Business Analysis course and will have advanced Microsoft Project Skills.
You could have a Retail, Digital or Customer Experience background either from in business area experience or from previous projects. Experience within the Life Sciences industry would be ideal but is not essential.
You will be able to articulate business goals, risks, issues and dependencies across projects and be keen to influence change and best practices across IT and the Business. You will be comfortable leading group discussions and be able to escalate relevant concerns. You will be confident to influence and engage stakeholders to reach common goals.
Multi-tasking must be a strong point, as must prioritisation, as you could be working on multiple projects simultaneously. As you'll be joining a fast-paced environment, you must be comfortable with hitting the ground running.
Is this exciting opportunity of interest? If so, please apply and I will be in touch ASAP.
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an Employment Business in regards to this position.
Visit our website www.lawrenceharvey.com and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @lawharveyjobs
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Senior IT Business Analyst
£450.00 - £500.00 per day
IT Business Analyst
West Midlands, England
£300.00 - £325.00 per day
RPA Business Analyst
West Midlands, England
Up to £350.00 per day
IT Technical Support Analyst | Oracle | PL/SQL | ETRM | Allegro
South East England, England
Business Analyst - London - 6 Months - £350-£400 per day
£350.00 - £400.00 per day