IT Functional Support Administrator
|Job Title:||IT Functional Support Administrator|
|Location:||West Midlands, England|
|Salary:||£200.00 - £225.00 per day|
|Contact Name:||John Wright|
|Job Published:||June 15, 2018 08:44|
One of my leading clients, a large and reputable organisation based in the West Midlands require an IT Functional Support Administrator to join them on-site for an initial 3-6 month contract.
- Work as part of the i-PLM Environments team to provide ongoing operational support of i-PLM IT systems for Dev/Test/Prod.
- Collaborating with IT infrastructure build; middleware/DB and application Build Team and Dassault Systemes SMEs in designated areas.
- Using Incident and Problem management processes.
- Resolution of operational and performance issues.
- Assist i-PLM Operations team in root cause analysis and address system configuration, operational and performance issues in the supported i-PLM environments covering Linux/Win2008/2012 servers and Windows7 clients.
- Co-ordinate and implement changes following the Change Management process.
- Work with infrastructure build, middleware and application development teams to build and support i-PLM 3D Experience (Dassault V6) environments comprising Development, Test, User Validation, Training and Production environments.
- Support (Install/support/upgrade) iPLM environments running on Linux (SLES); Windows 2008/2012 and Windows7, using SAN/NFS storage systems; Apache/WebSphere middleware and Oracle/SQL database servers within enterprise datacenters. Servers include virtualised (VMware) and physical servers.
- Analyse technical documentation from application vendors (e.g. Dassault Systemes, ACE/ConfigIT) and work with designated SMEs to define installation and support procedures, as/when required.
- Document and share work procedures, installation tasks, scripts and `best practices within Environments Team.
- Maintain appropriate design and configuration documentation for use in operational handover to steady state support.
- Experienced UNIX (SLES) and Windows server systems support.
- Significant experience of systems installation, build and support experience covering systems administration and operational support tasks for IT environments of similar complexity and technical detail.
- Significant experience of installing and supporting Simulia, Process Composer, 3D Orchestrator, HPC Integration.
- Production support.
- Incident and problem management.
- Knowledge of Enovia V5/V6 systems administration and operational support.
- Demonstrable ability to own and carry out systems admin/support tasks without on-going supervision and oversight.
- Proven `user interaction and IT support' experience including problem diagnostics and root-cause-analysis for systems supported by iPLM environments team.
- Flexibility in working times, including ability to do overtime for systems support outside of normal working hours.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a multi-site team and share workload - as required to meet operational deadlines.
- BMC Remedy.
- Experience of DBA, Networking and Security operational support, as part of providing IT operational support.
- Knowledge of PLM and automotive industry processes.
- Ability to develop and run scripts to automate manual processes.
Is this exciting opportunity of interest? If so, please apply and I will be in touch ASAP.
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an Employment Business in regards to this position.
Visit our website www.lawrenceharvey.com and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @lawharveyjobs
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
IT Technical Support Analyst | Oracle | PL/SQL | ETRM | Allegro
South East England, England
Up to £350.00 per day
IT Solution Architect
West Midlands, England
£500.00 - £550.00 per day
Senior IT Engineer
£50000.00 - £70000.00 per annum
IT Purchasing Manager
West Midlands, England
£200.00 - £250.00 per day