|Job Title:||Java Developer|
|Location:||Manchester, Greater Manchester|
|Salary:||£600 - £625 per day|
|Contact Name:||Millie Scriven|
|Job Published:||April 04, 2019 12:05|
CONTRACT OPPORTUNITY: Senior Java Developer - Leeds & Manchester - Initial 6-12-month contract - £600-£625 per day
We are looking for an outstanding Senior Java Developer, who can make a positive impact, and want to contribute to the most demanding and exciting new digital service for the UK Government.
We are looking for outstanding skills and must be ready to quickly get to work within an Agile multi-disciplinary team of Developers, Designers, and Analysts focused on the clients flagship welfare reform programme.
- Recent experience with Java 8 (or newer) microservice architectures.
- Be willing to work in a pair programming environment.
- Have a good understanding of TDD and BDD
- Have experience in AWS/Azure
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
- Have experience in implementing APIs for internal and external use.
- Have the skills to build up a useful, robust automated test suite to support a continuous deployment environment.
- Be involved in the wider web development community, identifying good practices we can adopt and sharing our experiences.
- Be knowledgeable of tools and techniques used within the wider team, both Developers and Non-Developers.
- Take part in 2nd-line support of applications and platforms, including occasional support outside of office hours.
- Have an ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Have experience working on technical projects within a team.
- Have working knowledge of Unix-like operating systems such as Linux and/or Mac OS X.
- Have the ability to quickly research and learn new programming tools and techniques.
- Understand of the use of Responsive Web Design.
- Containerisation - Docker, Kubernetes
Is this exciting opportunity of interest? If so, please respond with your CV and I will be in touch ASAP.
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an Employment Business in regards to this position. Visit our website www.lawrenceharvey.com and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @lawharveyjobs