|Job Title:||Java Developer|
|Salary:||£50000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits|
|Contact Name:||Laurence Downing|
|Job Published:||January 06, 2020 17:01|
Want work with amazing tech such as Java, Hibernate, Cloud Technologies and Microservices? All whilst surrounded by a great close-knit supportive team that strive to develop the best software?
A global transport company are looking for a Java Developer to join them as they look to grow the team to help support several large projects, they have in early 2020.
The company have been around for over 30 years and have forged a great reputation as the go to guys in their industry.
Your role will be to help develop their internal transport software, it's one of the best in the industry and helped them to propel themselves as the go to company.
They are constantly adding new features and greenfield projects are common, a big project for them is a move to serverless in early 2020 which you will have the chance to get involved in.
The team is a close-knit team that loves to develop and learn new technologies, they are real techies with a real passion for technology.
Tech wise you will be working with a tech stack of Java, Spring, Hibernate/JPA, Vaadin, Cucumber, Maven, Struts, Tomcat, Jenkins, SVN, JIRA, STS.. They are Agile with a strong focus on Test Driven Development and CI/CD.
- Software development and maintenance to meet user requirements.
- Working within the team, typically developing in a pair or individually depending on the nature of individual development tasks.
- Gather requirements from the business, from the Head of IT and other departments as needed; discussing these and their solutions with the team.
- Creation of JIRA issues and building sprints with the Head of IT.
- Produce high quality, maintainable code.
- Researching new technologies
- Continuously search for improvements in the process.
- 3 years Java Development experience +
- Experience of Test-Driven Development
- Commerce experience of working with Spring
If working in a fast paced environment with some big projects planned sounds like your type of role please get in touch at L.downing @ lawrenceharvey.com
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an employment agency in regards to this position. Visit our website www.lawrenceharvey.com and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @lawharveyjobs
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£70000 - £100000 per annum + Benefits
£32000 - £40000 per annum
City of London, London
£60000 - £65000 per annum + Benefits
£550 - £600 per annum
€400.00 - €460.00 per day