Java Software Engineer
|Job Title:||Java Software Engineer|
|Salary:||£475.00 - £525.00 per day|
|Contact Name:||John Wright|
|Job Published:||March 23, 2018 15:29|
We are seeking a Java Software Engineer with to work at our UK Research site, helping our Research Scientists exploit the benefits of data science and advanced analytics across several key Research Platforms. The role will be working within a broader collaborative global team environment and some external opensource community engagement assisting the development of our KNIME Platform and related applications.
- A degree in computer science or comparable subject
- Minimum 3-5 years of Java development (Eclipse IDE preferred)
- Experience and knowledge of software development (object-oriented methods, algorithms and data structures, database systems, frameworks)
- Unit testing (JUnit, Sonar)
- Demonstrative experience with test automation using tools such as Jenkins and Ant.
- Use of - Buckminster and Chef for build and deployment automation would be an advantage.
- Understanding of Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD)
- Release cycle management
- Experience with Agile software development, Issue tracking and related toolset such as Jira, Git, SVN, Kanban Boards
- Strong UNIX skills
- Good understanding of relational databases and comfortable writing SQL/PLSQL
- Experience with both SOAP and RESTful web services development and JSON/XML
- Ability to diagnose and resolve complex problems and issues, across multiple application layers
- Ability to proactively analyse technical and business requirements and deliver features according to end user specification
Experience of the following would be an advantage:
- Knowledge and experience building Eclipse Plugins
- Experience supporting production environments
- Writing Informal Wiki and Formal Quality Documentation
- Experience with JNA/JNI
- Experience with data workflow tools such as KNIME
Is this exciting opportunity of interest? If so, please apply and I will be in touch ASAP.
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an Employment Business in regards to this position.
Visit our website www.lawrenceharvey.com and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @lawharveyjobs
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's