Junior Infrastructure Engineer
|Job Title:||Junior Infrastructure Engineer|
|Location:||West London, London|
|Salary:||£175.00 - £225.00 per day|
|Contact Name:||John Wright|
|Job Published:||September 19, 2018 15:35|
- Wide depth of knowledge and experience working with several Windows server technologies (i.e. wintel, OS 2003 to 2016, Exchange, SCCM)
- An ability to understand and manage complex and large scale technical solutions
- Extensive operational experience in deploying and managing Microsoft solutions
- Experience working to a prescriptive process and using Helpdesk/Ticket based system
- An ability to analyse and troubleshoot server and application issues through log analysis
- An ability to diagnose and resolve client/server and server/server communication/network issues
- Experience analysis performance metrics and identifying potential bottlenecks
- Experience working within a migration project (DC to DC or DC to Cloud)
- Experience working within a Hybrid Environment (On-prem and Cloud)
- Possesses existing Microsoft certifications.
- Microsoft Windows Server (2008, 2012 and 2016)
- Active Directory Services
- Cloud experience (Azure), specifically VM (Compute), Storage, Availability Sets, RBAC, Automation (DSC, Runbooks), Networking (VNET's, Routing Tables and NSG)
- VMware ESXi 5.5/6.0
- SQL (Standard and Enterprise, from 2005)
- IIS (or similar Web layer platforms)
- Windows and hardware clustering technologies
- Security products (i.e. anti-virus, firewall etc)
- PowerShell (Scripting and workflows)
- Backup solutions (i.e. Azure backup, VEEAM, etc)
- Networking Strategies (Routing, Firewalls, VPN, DMZ)
- Provide 2nd and 3rd line support for server infrastructure (Migration, Development and Application Support Teams)
- Assist other teams with infrastructure issues
- Proactively manage and administer server environments; analyse customer requirements, gather and analyse data, recommend solutions.
- Conduct and report root cause and problem investigation for infrastructure and application issues.
- Review and implement security recommendations
- Review, implement and conduct performance improvements and assessments
- Provide recommendations to infrastructure and application teams
Is this exciting opportunity of interest? If so, please apply and I will be in touch ASAP.
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an Employment Business in regards to this position.
Visit our website www.lawrenceharvey.com and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @lawharveyjobs
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's