Junior Project/Programme Manager
|Job Title:||Junior Project/Programme Manager|
|Location:||West Midlands, England|
|Salary:||£200.00 - £250.00 per day|
|Contact Name:||John Wright|
|Job Published:||December 04, 2017 10:41|
One of my leading clients, a global organisation based in the West Midlands require a Junior Project/Programme Manager to join them on-site for a long term 12 month contract.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading representation of the department at a variety of external cross-functional interfaces to ensure commercial requirements are understood and implemented as part of the overall programme launch. Additionally the role requires co-ordination and engagement with all levels of internal stakeholder's to address a wide range of engine launch aspects and subsequent capacity planning activity at commodity level.
1) Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
2) Experience of managing/ supervising teams of up to 6 people (direct or in a matrix role)
3) Evidence of strong levels of drive, determination and organisational skills to work in a changing environment and manage conflicting priorities for self and others.
The role of the Junior Project/Programme Manager is to support Product Development and the Manufacturing Centre (the Customers') with Supplier Technical Assistance in transitioning suppliers from the point of sourcing through to ongoing supply and availability of quality parts, at appropriate capacity, to cost, right first time. This is for all builds up to and beyond mass production to while recognising all and any risks and opportunities and driving activities and teams to target adherence on cost, delivery, and quality
- An ability to work with people at varying levels of the organisation
- Degree qualified, HND Programme Management qualification (Prince / other)
- Highly self-motivated.
-Can work under pressure, able to manage a high workload.
- Accuracy and on time delivery.
- Strong customer focus.
-Flexibility with changing priorities.
- Manufacturing background preferred Background in Project/Programme Management with particular focus on launch aspects
- Understanding of cost management / product cost drivers and models.
- Knowledge of SAP systems.
Being co-located with the Global Commodity and Regional Delivery teams in the UK provides the Launch Junior Project/Programme Manager with a strong voice that can strongly influence operational strategy. This highly visible role will own the responsibility for the delivery of a number of business critical programmes within the UK Region. Close cooperation is critical between all the Regional Project/Programme Manager's as programmes transition to other global locations from time to time i.e. UK to China.
Is this exciting opportunity of interest? If so, please apply and I will be in touch ASAP.
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an Employment Business in regards to this position.
Visit our website www.lawrenceharvey.com and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @lawharveyjobs
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£400 - £450 per day
£500.00 - £600.00 per day
Digital Transformation Test Manager
City of London, London
£500.00 - £525.00 per day
Azure Cloud Project Manager
£475 - £550 per day
Agile/Scrum Senior Project Manager
£500.00 - £700.00 per day