Lead Cyber Security Engineer
|Job Title:||Lead Cyber Security Engineer|
|Salary:||£70000 - £85000 per annum + + Package|
|Contact Name:||Jonathan Dale|
|Job Published:||June 29, 2020 08:02|
Lead Cyber Security Engineer
Location - Cambridge / London / Remote
Salary - £70-85k + Package
I'm currently working with a start-up BioTechnology Research and Development firm who are looking to bring in a Lead Cyber Security Engineer to build out their cyber security capability from the ground up. This person will naturally progress into a Head of Security Engineering position within a 12-18 month timeframe and have scope to build a team underneath them.
The client are looking to build a cloud-based DevOps infrastructure and are looking for an experienced Engineer with a strong background in DevOps/DevSecOps/Software Dev. You will be expected to build the security tooling with security and privacy built in by design, incorporating various concepts such as distributed alerting and adopting best principles from trusted frameworks.
You will be working alongside the newly appointed CISO, who has an incredible track record in building genuinely next generation cyber defence functions for some of the most reputable and technologically advanced firms worldwide.
The company have recently secured significant investment and are right at the beginning of their expansion. Security is not just a tick-box exercise for this firm, it is a priority; and as a result it is something taken seriously right the way from the CEO down and there is significant investment and freedom to build a best in class function.
- Perform hands-on security threat modelling, risk assessment and vulnerability remediation
- Evaluate, architect, implement and support security focused tools and services
- Work closely with Development teams to ensure secure software development lifecycle
- Promote a security focused culture across the organization
- Significant experience working as a Cyber Security Engineer in DevSecOps environments
- Significant knowledge of AWS and implementing AWS Well Architected Security pillar
- Experience building security tooling using open source technologies
- Strong proficiency in coding/scripting/development languages - Python, Terraform, Java ideally
If you are an experienced Cyber Security / DevSecOps Engineer looking to build a next generation cyber security capability from the ground up, working alongside a seriously technical and respected CISO as well as incredibly intelligent individuals across the organization, then click apply or get in touch with your up to date CV - email@example.com
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an employment agency in regards to this position. Visit our website www.lawrenceharvey.com and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @lawharveyjobs
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's