|Job Title:||Network Engineer|
|Salary:||Up to £300.00 per day|
|Contact Name:||John Wright|
|Job Published:||February 16, 2018 11:29|
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE
One of my leading clients, a bluechip organisation based in Hertfordshire are looking for a CCNA & CCNP qualified Network Engineer to join them on-site for an initial 3 month contract.
The Network Engineer's role is to support project delivery of in-house data network services and 3rd party client connectivity alongside the existing team. In addition, the Network Engineer will participate with the installation, monitoring, maintenance, and optimization of all network hardware, software and communication links. This individual will also analyse and resolve network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end user training where required.
- Building firewall access rules to allow devices to communicate on a network level.
- Building of VIP's on ACE loadbalances to balance traffic across the network.
- Covering a range of Network hardware and software throughout the company.
- Implement, modify and troubleshoot site-to-site IPSec VPNs to customer sites.
- Maintain documentation which relates to network environment.
- Manage change with the wider Network team via ServiceNow change management platform.
- Configure networks to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Ensure network connectivity of all services in relation to project work.
- Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports using network tools
- Participate in managing all network security solutions.
- 2+ years networking experience
- CCNA qualification or equivalent level of knowledge.
- CCNP qualification or equivalent level of knowledge.
- Experience in a financial services environment.
- Firewalls (Cisco ASA)
- Load balancers (Cisco ACE)
- Knowledge of Cisco Switching
- Knowledge of Cisco Routing
- Switches (Nexus 7K, 3750, 3850 & 6500 switches)
- Routers (Cisco 3945)
- WAN/LAN/VLAN/Wireless networks
- Monitoring Applications (Wireshark, Solarwinds)
- Working knowledge of PCI-DSS an advantage.
- Palo Alto firewalls
- VMware NSX software defined networking
- Highly organized and able to manage competing priorities and deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Able to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Passport and driving licence.
- Access to a motor vehicle.
Is this exciting opportunity of interest? If so, please apply and I will be in touch ASAP.
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an Employment Business in regards to this position.
Visit our website www.lawrenceharvey.com and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @lawharveyjobs
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Network & Infrastructure Engineer
£450 - £550 per day
£500.00 - £550.00 per day
North West London, London
£450.00 - £550.00 per day
Manchester, Greater Manchester
£250.00 - £350.00 per day
£350 - £400 per day