Pearl Software Engineer
|Job Title:||Pearl Software Engineer|
|Salary:||£300 - £330 per day|
|Contact Name:||Millie Scriven|
|Job Published:||May 29, 2019 18:00|
Contract opportunity: Pearl Software Engineer - initially 9 months - Bristol - £300-330 per day
The PEARL team require a software engineer to join this exciting and fast paced project to deliver a configurable platform. This platform is to be used for a variety of experimental purposes, ranging from urban accessibility planning to crowd behaviour studies.
The software engineer will be joining a control systems team comprising a graduate developer, and a control systems engineer who will be coding the PIC in the module. The role required is to develop design documentation and then implement the GUI, the maths required to calculate the height of all the actuators across a platform, the sequencing logic to ensure the equipment does not draw too much power at once and the network architecture to support the system.
Software will be coded in Visual Studio, designed to run on a Windows based tablets. Module control boxes are still to be designed - this role will also be required to assist in preparing that specification.
Required Experience / Qualifications / Attributes:
- Excellent knowledge and experience of implementing servers.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of C++.
- Experience of commissioning, maintaining and fault finding of TCP/IP networks.
- Experience of full system design life-cycle
- Understanding of networking and communications principles.
- Ability to work on own initiative as part of a small team.
- Self-motivated, team player, action and results oriented;
- Excellent verbal and written skills;
- Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an Employment Business in regards to this position. Visit our website www.lawrenceharvey.com and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @lawharveyjobs
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Varese, Varese (province)
Site Reliability Engineer / DevOps Engineer
Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear
£600 - £650 per day
UI Developer - Angular
£45000 - £55000 per annum
Graduate Java Developer
£25000 - £30000 per annum
React.js-Entwickler (m/w/d) in Düsseldorf, 45k-65k Euro / Jahr
€45000 - €65000 per annum + siehe Stellenbeschreibung