Platform/ Infrastructure engineer
|Job Title:||Platform/ Infrastructure engineer|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||£475.00 - £500.00 per day|
|Contact Name:||Max Douglas|
|Job Published:||November 14, 2018 15:32|
* Daily system health checks.
* Identifying and implementation of service improvements
* Build of new architecture from pre-approved designs
* Monitoring of systems and escalating where appropriate.
* Define, document and maintain processes and procedures.
* Liaise with 3rd party (external) maintenance suppliers where appropriate.
* Work closely with other technical subject matter experts and other Bank IT teams.
Skills & Experience
* The candidate will possess a broad range of technical skills, but predominantly will have an excellent working understanding of virtualisation technologies in VMware, EMC storage and Cisco networking.
* Prior experience of working in large/complex corporate multi-site environments. Ideally a private or hybrid cloud, shared or multi-tenanted.
Must have a thorough understanding of the following key technologies:
o VMware vSphere v5.x and 6.x
o Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 or higher
o Cisco UCS Integrated Infrastructure Solutions
o Trend Micro Deep security
o VMware vRealize Automation
o VMware vRealize Orchestrator
o IT Automation and Scripting
o Windows and Linux operating systems
Candidate with skills in areas listed below would be advantageous:
o Exposure to cloud technologies
o VMware NSX and Micro-Segmentation
In addition to the technical skills detailed above, the candidate should also:
o Be able to clearly communicate well at all levels of the organisation.
o Identify work required, organise, facilitate and perform the work with limited guidance from line management.
o Have excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
o Be highly organised and proactive.
o Takes ownership of problems and issues and sees them through to resolution.
o Have a strong customer service ethos.
o Have practical experience of operating within an ITIL organisation and framework.
o Appreciable understanding of Service Level and Operating Level Agreements.
o Understand, plan and conform with change management processes.
Education & Qualifications
* VMware Certified Professional (VCP) accreditation
* Cisco Networking (CCNA) or Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE)
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an Employment Business in regards to this position.
Visit our website www.lawrenceharvey.com and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @lawharveyjobs
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Up to £395.00 per hour
West London, London
£425 - £500 per day
Network & Infrastructure Engineer
£450 - £550 per day
Infrastructure Maintenance Linux administrator
Up to £440.00 per day
Infrastructure Solutions Designer - SC Cleared
£400.00 - £450.00 per day