|Job Title:||Portfolio Manager|
|Salary:||£400.00 - £600.00 per day|
|Contact Name:||John Wright|
|Job Published:||December 17, 2018 11:09|
One of my leading clients, a global pharmaceutical company based in Hampshire are currently looking for an experienced Portfolio Manager to join them on-site for an initial 3-6-month contract.
- Prioritise key projects, programs & workloads across the team
- Resource management to staff execution teams (in conjunction with Managers and Technical Leads)
- Deliver internal team processes for demand management and project delivery
- Organise, prioritise and structure work packages for the infrastructure team as a backlog of work for the execution teams
- Effectively assign, communicate and track work packages across the team, working with the Managers and Technical Leads
- Report to the Director and Lead Team on team portfolio progress, health and budget (in conjunction with the financials role) to enable clear decision making
- Working with the Managers and Technical Leads, assign resources across the execution teams to effectively deliver against the team's key priorities and work packages
- Create and maintain effective, yet 'light touch' processes across the team to manage Demand, Roadmaps, status reporting and program & project management
- Educate the team on processes and ensure transparency of priorities and work packages as well as progress and status
- Working with the Director and lead team, create the governance processes to enable quick, flexible and transparent decision making. Reduced meetings and increase in communication and transparency should be a key goal here.
- 5+ years of experience in Information Technology / Technical environment and able to demonstrate technical breadth at a high level
- 3+ years in Portfolio management roles
- 2+ years' experience working with modern application services & methodologies, including Agile, DevOps and Developer Experience acting as either a scrum master or product owner
- 2+ years' experience with Project management
- Demonstrated influence and communication skills across all levels of IT and third-parties.
Strong negotiation skills
- Demonstrated strength in facilitation skills
- Strong organizational and communications skills with multiple examples of being able to convey complex ideas in a manner that resulted in a definitive direction and result
- Strong personal & work organisational skills
- Effective time management skills
- Experience as a coach and/or mentor in developing people
Is this exciting opportunity of interest? If so, please respond with your CV and I will be in touch ASAP.
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an Employment Business in regards to this position.
Visit our website www.lawrenceharvey.com and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @lawharveyjobs
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire
£50000 - £55000 per annum
€300.00 - €400.00 per day
MES Project Manager
£350.00 - £400.00 per day
NPPV3 Cleared Test Manager
City of London, London
£500.00 - £525.00 per day