Privacy & Data Protection Analyst, London
|Job Title:||Privacy & Data Protection Analyst, London|
|Salary:||£30000 - £45000 per annum + Benefits (Negotiable)|
|Contact Name:||Nathan Wilson|
|Job Published:||January 25, 2019 14:10|
Excellent opportunity for a Data Protection & Privacy Analyst to help form the core Data Protection Office of one of the UK's leading and most innovative outsourcing & facilities management companies based in their prestigious London Offices.
The firm has a reputation for expertise, technology and overall customer care by creating amazing work environments for their customers with a tech-savvy approach. They have 150+ offices across the UK providing outsourced services across a range of sectors where they strive to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service with an excellent culture built on integrity & trust.
What does this mean from a Data Protection & Privacy perspective?
A lot of diversification... The firm work alongside some of the UK's leading brands across Financial Services, Aerospace & Defence, Energy etc. meaning the data is incredibly varied with no same 'day-in, day-out'. To give you an idea of this, you could be working with Biometric Data one day and Nuclear Decommissioning contracts the next.
As part of a focused team, your position carries a great amount of visibility and importance to assume control of the data privacy framework delivered as part of a recent programme, but also to identify, promote and drive necessary changes as the Data Protection Office matures.
What does the role entail?
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the Data Protection Office and legal elements of the GDPR.
- Support in the first line of defence through Subject Access Requests, Data Breaches, client requests for information/general queries etc.
- Work closely with a wide range of stakeholders across the Legal, Data & Security teams to maintain and improve the privacy programme.
- Assist the Business in maintaining their data mapping and risk assessment requirements.
- Contribute to the presentations, metrics, scorecards, etc to be shared with stakeholders and senior management.
- Translate Business conditions into technical requirements for data services and remediation & vice versa.
- Attend stakeholder group meetings/committees.
- Perform data analysis, identify trends and issues to be managed or escalated accordingly.
- Identify, highlight and manage interdependencies to ensure alignment and drive progress.
What does the role require?
- In-depth understanding of the GDPR and data privacy practices.
- Previous 1-3 years' + experience working in a large enterprise environment delivering privacy, compliance or information security projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with stakeholders of varied accountability and seniority.
- Proactivity and an ability to work independently.
Preferences for the role?
- Relevant industry experience.
- Information Security, Risk or Privacy industry certification (e.g. CISSP, CISM, CIPP).
- Experience in working with an IT environment using ITIL-based service management processes.
To discuss this opportunity in more detail please do not hesitate to apply to this advertisement or get in touch with Nathan Wilson direct at Lawrence Harvey to arrange a confidential conversation - Privacy & Data Protection recruitment specialist.
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Direct Line - 02039295885
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an employment agency in regards to this position. Visit our website www.lawrenceharvey.com and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @lawharveyjobs
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Data Protection & Privacy Analyst (London)
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits (negotiable)
Data Privacy Senior Consultant (London)
£40000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits (Negotiable)
Data Privacy Junior Consultant (London)
£28000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits
Data Protection Officer (Gaming Industry)
£60000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits (negotiable)
Data Protection Officer (Fashion Retailer)
£60000 - £80000 per annum + Beneftis