Privacy & Data Protection Lawyer, London
|Job Title:||Privacy & Data Protection Lawyer, London|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||Up to £100000 per annum + Benefits (Negotiable)|
|Contact Name:||Nathan Wilson|
|Job Published:||February 01, 2019 18:18|
Excellent opportunity for a Privacy Lawyer to work in a 'hands-on' in-house environment, leading the Data Protection Office for one of the UK's leading and most innovative outsourcing & facilities management companies based in their prestigious London Offices.
The firm has a reputation for expertise, technology and overall customer care by creating amazing work environments for their customers with a tech-savvy approach. They have 150+ offices across the UK providing outsourced services across a range of sectors where they strive to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service with an excellent culture built on integrity & trust.
What does this mean from a Data Protection & Privacy perspective?
A lot of diversification… Your role will be a mixture of internal & client facing work, working alongside some of the UK's leading brands across Financial Services, Aerospace & Defence, Energy etc. meaning the data is incredibly varied with no same 'day-in, day-out'. To give you an idea of this, you could be working with Biometric Data one day and Nuclear Decommissioning contracts the next.
The position holds enormous opportunities for growth, and you will have the ability to shape the role for best fit by leading a focused team with authority to call upon areas of the business to assist in matters of Data Protection & Privacy, carrying a great amount of visibility & performance.
What does the role entail?
- Active management of the day-to-day operations of the Data Protection Office and legal elements of the GDPR.
- Support in the first line of defence through Subject Access Requests, Data Breaches, client requests for information/general queries etc.
- Assume control of the data privacy framework delivered as part of a recent programme, but also to identify, promote and drive necessary changes as the Data Protection Office matures.
- Lead the Data Protection contractual function including involvement in business development lines (e.g. bids, cloud strategies etc.) with some time spent on drafting/negotiation.
- Work closely with a wide range of stakeholders across the Legal, Data & Security teams to maintain and improve the privacy programme.
- Lead the Breach Management procedure by analysis and reporting events through to closure.
- Continuously review information handling policies, procedures and records to maintain compliance.
- Develop presentations, metrics etc. to be shared with stakeholders & senior management.
What does the role require?
- Ideally a minimum of 8 years PQE, UK or Ireland qualified solicitor.
- Previous hands-on experience of advising on and leading data protection projects; advising on the GDPR, drafting privacy notices, negotiating & drafting data processor agreements and advising on marketing issues.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with stakeholders of varied accountability and seniority.
- Proactivity and an ability to work independently.
Preferences for the role?
- Relevant industry experience.
- Experience of advising on cyber/data security breaches.
- Information Security, Risk or Privacy industry certification (e.g. CISSP, CISM, CIPP).
- Experience in working with an IT environment using ITIL-based service management processes.
To discuss this opportunity in more detail please do not hesitate to apply to this advertisement or get in touch with Nathan Wilson direct at Lawrence Harvey to arrange a confidential conversation - Privacy & Data Protection recruitment specialist.
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Direct Line - 02039295885
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an employment agency in regards to this position. Visit our website www.lawrenceharvey.com and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @lawharveyjobs
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Data Protection & Privacy Analyst (London)
£30000 - £40000 per annum + Benefits (negotiable)
Data Privacy Senior Consultant (London)
£40000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits (Negotiable)
Data Privacy Junior Consultant (London)
£28000 - £35000 per annum + Benefits
Data Protection Officer (Gaming Industry)
£60000 - £70000 per annum + Benefits (negotiable)
Data Protection Officer (Fashion Retailer)
£60000 - £80000 per annum + Beneftis