Privacy Counsel - Global Media Conglomerate
|Job Title:||Privacy Counsel - Global Media Conglomerate|
|Location:||Manhattan, New York|
|Contact Name:||Jason Chacho|
|Job Published:||September 17, 2020 23:48|
Lawrence Harvey is partnering with an exciting, leading Media Conglomerate to grow their Privacy team and hire for a Privacy Counsel.
The Privacy Counsel will be reporting directly to the company's Chief Privacy Officer and serve as the team lead for all aspects of data privacy in the legal department.
In this role you will handle all of the day to day legal, contractual, and regulatory matters regarding to data privacy and counsel entities across the business with strategic advice and guidance on all privacy matters.
- Advising the business on legal compliance requirements (GDPR & CCPA) that are applicable to data privacy and the management of data within the business, as well as other individuals that the business interacts with related to personal information
- Drafting & negotiating terms in regards to data privacy and security with media, adtech, and 3rd party vendors
- Play a key role in the design, establishment, and maintenance of the data privacy program for the business while working alongside the Chief Privacy Officer
- Support in the training/education to management and employees in regard to data privacy and protection including: laws & regulations, policies & procedures, general awareness, and other relevant matters.
- Ideally you will be a Privacy Counsel with a deep understanding of Global Data Privacy laws & regulations including GDPR and CCPA
- 3+ years of experience with strong background in privacy and data protection.
- Privacy certification (CIPP, CIPT or CIPM) and familiarity with One Trust is preferred
- JD from an accredited University
- Location NYC preferred with the option to telecommute
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an employment agency in regards to this position. Visit our website www.lawrenceharvey.com and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @lawharveyjobs
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Legal Director (AdTech, Privacy & Product) - Media Streaming
San Francisco, California
Up to US$35000 per annum
Data Protection Officer / Privacy Lead
£90000 - £110000 per annum + car allowance, flexible working
£60000 - £80000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits
Cloud Security Engineer
£50000 - £70000 per annum + + Bonus + Benefits