Procurement/Category Manager - Healthcare
|Job Title:||Procurement/Category Manager - Healthcare|
|Salary:||£300.00 - £400.00 per day|
|Contact Name:||John Wright|
|Job Published:||February 06, 2019 15:10|
Role: Procurement Category Manager/Specialist - Healthcare
Location: Staines, Middlesex
Contract Duration: 6 Months +
Pay Rate: £300-£400 Day Rate (Dependent on experience)
To support the UK Market Unit Procurement vision to lead the delivery of the market strategy, governance, and policies, and delivering significant value through market specific strategic sourcing initiatives and supplier relationship management.
This is a commercial role that will manage UK Market Unit sourcing initiatives within defined categories, providing technical and market expertise to focus on sourcing, content expertise and value delivery (price and total cost of ownership), whilst managing risk and issues with suppliers.
Accountabilities and Activities
The Category Manager is accountable for the Healthcare category, with responsibility for total UK expenditure in this area to ensure products and services are sourced competitively and cost effectively in order to meet and enhance the businesses' requirements.
The job holder will be accountable for identifying and delivering cost saving initiatives in order to achieve individual and Department targets.
The role requires the individual to lead supplier selection and qualification and manage relationships with suppliers using supplier relationship management techniques (including supplier development and measurement).
In addition, the job holder will, in collaboration with the Category Manager's and Head of Procurement:
- Develop and maintain comprehensive category/purchasing plans which has a clear savings/opportunity pipeline.
- Establish category prioritises based on benefits and opportunities and business requirements.
- Understand the strategic intent of the UK Market Unit Division and the Business Units within it to ensure that - Category plans and implementation are aligned with organisational goals
- Develop and manage a category risk plan in agreement with the Business to mitigate exposure to supply chain risks within the categories under their management.
- Actively sets, leads and drives the timeline for sourcing initiatives
- Lead contract negotiations on behalf of the organisation and develop negotiation plans
- Develops innovative solutions by challenging the status quo and business requirements
- Maximises total cost of ownership savings through continuous improvement initiatives
- Interfacing with internal customers to ensure requirements are delivered, performance tracked and operational efficiencies are maximised
- Utilises the Corporate and UK Market Unit best practice processes and supporting technologies, including Procurement Business Services
- Participates in Team and Department meetings and events and is responsible for communicating and advocating procurement throughout the organisation.
- Maintain personal integrity with regards to commercial confidentiality and conduct supplier relationships with the highest standard of ethical conduct.
Is this exciting opportunity of interest? If so, please respond with your CV and I will be in touch ASAP.
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an Employment Business in regards to this position. Visit our website www.lawrenceharvey.com and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @lawharveyjobs
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
£50000 - £60000 per annum
€300.00 - €400.00 per day
Software Development Manager
£65000 - £75000 per annum
Software Development Manager
£500 - £700 per day
Software Engineering Manager