|Job Title:||Project/Deployment Manager''s|
|Salary:||£200.00 - £300.00 per day + Negotiable|
|Contact Name:||John Wright|
|Job Published:||July 24, 2018 11:09|
A Project Manager for the implementation submarine systems will be required to implement solutions spanning differing continental regions. They will actively create and lead a matrix team of regionally based resources, customer and external partner, which will include engineering, project management, installation and commissioning. The project manager will actively interface with the customer to manage the implementation from project initiation to handover to operations. The project manager will be required to travel internationally to attend regular customer meetings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Own and understand the contractual scope of work and translate into:
- Project Initiation. Conduct formal initiation of new projects to ensure all relevant stakeholders within Ciena Implementation Service and the customer understand and take ownership for the deliverables required by the project management plan
- Project management plans fully documenting the methodology, processes and procedures to be utilised during the implementation
- Work packages. Develop, review and approve Work package frameworks detailing the scope of supply for service suppliers, internal and external. These will be used ensure implementation across the international regions of the project is consistent and meets the desired specification.
- Activity and Resource Schedules. Identify activity and resources requirements with each of the regions to develop a single cohesive project plan & schedule to meet deliverable requirements (specification, time, cost and quality).
- Team with other project managers located in other customer international locations.
- Team with the Project Engineer to ensure the low level engineering design and test plans as complete, approved and ready for use as defined in the project plan
- Establish and maintain risk, issue and change control regimes. Arbitrate and actively drive and participate in the decision making process, balancing the needs of the project and customer's business needs.
- Attend frequent contract control meetings with the Program Team. Brief the customer on progress and major risks to the implementation.
- Reporting. Formally document and communicate project status for the customer with exceptions and resolutions on a weekly basis.
- Close projects to satisfactorily meet customer deliverables and customer fiscal requirements.
- Participate and prepare for lessons learned to foster a culture for continual improvement
- Actively track project costs, profitability and contribute to the ongoing development of new revenue opportunities, both product and service.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Expert knowledge and experience in the operational of Optical Spectrum Analysers and Transmission Test Sets for SDH, OTN and Ethernet.
- Good verbal and written communications skills especially for technical updates
- General knowledge of computers and application programs
- Prepared to travel to any geography for extended periods of time.
- Prepared to work varied hours in the field to accommodate implementation across varied time zones.
- Flexible, able to handle multiple tasks without supervision
- Formal engineering education either in university or vocational via an approved and recognized apprenticeship scheme e.g. HM Forces.
- At least 5 years' experience of field turn and test on DWDM systems. Preferably have experience of Submarine systems.
Is this exciting opportunity of interest? If so, please apply and I will be in touch ASAP.
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an Employment Business in regards to this position.
Visit our website www.lawrenceharvey.com and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @lawharveyjobs