Ruby on Rails Developer
|Job Title:||Ruby on Rails Developer|
|Location:||City of Westminster, London|
|Salary:||Up to £650.00 per day|
|Contact Name:||Millie Scriven|
|Job Published:||November 25, 2019 16:34|
Contract opportunity: Ruby on Rails Developer - London, Westminster - initial 3 months - INSIDE IR35 - £600-650 per day
Please note: This role is INSIDE IR35, please do not apply if you are not happy working inside IR35
We are looking for a talented combined Front End and Back End Ruby Developer with significant experience of software development and product creation ideally with common platform experience to develop web based products.
Following Agile working practices, the developer will work with Delivery Managers and other team members to deliver a product through to public beta. Utilising GDS templates where possible.
Front End essential experience of:
- GDS Standards.
- Directly accountability to the Delivery Manager/Portfolio Lead for direction, guidance and approach as well as prioritisation and sequencing of artefacts produced from the Business and Product manager(s).
- Development of user stories and refinement from a defined backlog.
- Estimation of effort and time to code user stories and deliver within those timescales.
- Development of quality fit for purpose code working with the delivery team. Ensuring the deliverables have been properly developed, reviewed and tested and are releasable
from a defined backlog.
- Supporting the team with release of solutions and fixes into live following the
programme release process.
- Attending and supporting scrum meetings to define sprints and deliverables to occur 2
weekly where possible.
- Together with the CCS Transition team, be accountable for ensuring that the Solution is
achieved in line with the accepted CCS and GDS standards.
- Will be required to support the production of collateral to ensure effective transition of deliverables to release.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships across the team as appropriate to facilitate projects being delivered against agreed milestones.
- Ensuring that customer needs and perspectives are properly understood and fed into product development.
- Follow a sprint plan to help to deliver the prioritised epics and user stories on the current backlog on time and to schedule.
- An excellent communicator and the gravitas to build relationships with team and Delivery Leads
- An open, positive and 'can do' attitude that builds confidence and credibility both within the team and across stakeholder groups
- Contribute to the User Stories and refinements to ensure we have a consistent understanding across the board.
- Ability to create design Patterns or common integrations to improve the delivery across the team.
- Team player that works collaboratively to achieve common goals and mentor and encourage junior developers
- Contribute in Retrospectives and encourage positive ways of working, demonstrate best practice and contribute to improving the Agile ways of working and associated governance.
Back End essential experience of:
- Ruby on Rails
- Test Driven Development using rspec o Amazon Web Services dev ops.
- Working with GIT/GITHub.
- Knowledge of Travis CI and Jira would be an advantage.
- Experience of working within a Central Government Department in the Digital space
- Proven experience balancing multiple priorities and dealing with ambiguity.
- Minimum of Basic Clearance.
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an Employment Business in regards to this position. Visit our website www.lawrenceharvey.com and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @lawharveyjobs
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's