Schools IT Programme Manager
|Job Title:||Schools IT Programme Manager|
|Salary:||£493.00 per day|
|Contact Name:||John Wright|
|Job Published:||September 04, 2017 12:06|
Role: Schools IT Programme Manager
Rate: £493 per day (Inside IR35)
Length: 3 months
- Scope and design the Schools IT Programme in conjunction with key stakeholders.
- Line manage a team of school project managers and solutions designer.
- Define and maintain the Programmes governance arrangements.
- Attend key governance groups as required including the IT Portfolio Review Board, Technical Design Authority and the IT Steering Group.
- Ensure effective quality assurance of the overall Programme by proactively monitoring progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action where necessary.
- Manage the Programme in line with corporate and department strategies, standards and processes.
- Manage the Programme budget, monitor expenditure and costs against delivered benefits in line with the Programme plan
- Manage and facilitate the resourcing of individual projects, managing any conflict and dependencies between them and other Programmes.
- Ensure the successful delivery of the individual projects to the appropriate level of quality, on time and within budget, in accordance with the Programme plan and Programme governance
- Manage third party contributions to the Programme as appropriate.
- Work with business leads on the transition of change into business as usual
- Identify any project risks that need escalating to IT Risk Board.
- Deliver project documentation and communications to a high standard
- Provide expert information and advice on potential project approaches in response to customer requirements
- Work with programme and portfolio managers, other project managers, technical leads and customers to ensure dependencies on other projects are identified and managed
- Provide quality assurance and monitor performance of projects, providing reports to senior management and stakeholder groups.
Essential Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills:
- A degree and/or formal industry recognised qualifications or relevant experience.
- Broad experience in a professional IT environment, with experience at a senior level.
- Proven programme and portfolio project management skills including strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- Proven financial and business management skills.
- Creative and innovative and ability to apply this to resolve problems of ranging complexity and produce business relevant solutions/ recommend strategies.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills at all levels, including oral, written, presentation skills, briefing and influencing others.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships at all levels.
- Credibility with colleagues, senior managers, partners and stakeholders.
- Experience of managing staff and directing the work of teams.
Is this exciting opportunity of interest? If so, please respond with your CV and I will be in touch ASAP.
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an Employment Business in regards to this position.
Visit our website www.lawrenceharvey.com and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @lawharveyjobs
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
MES Programme Manager
Up to £600.00 per hour
IT Project Manager
£350.00 - £380.00 per day
IT Purchasing Manager
West Midlands, England
£200.00 - £250.00 per day
£600.00 - £1000.00 per day
£600.00 - £1000.00 per day