Security Assurance Director
|Job Title:||Security Assurance Director|
|Location:||City of London, London|
|Salary:||Up to £950 per day|
|Contact Name:||Anneli Sandholm|
|Job Published:||June 20, 2019 11:42|
We are looking for a Security Assurance Director for the UK GNSS programme.
You will be ccountable to the Senior Responsible Owner for the development of the programme's Security strategy, securing its approval by the Programme Board and implementing the system security requirements across all areas and elements of the programme.
- Develop and implement security strategies for the (Engineering Development and Design Phase- EDDP) and the long-term security strategy for implementation of the full GNSS capability by:
- Using specialist security knowledge and experience of the relevant government and industry sector and wider sector and security policy to inform the above security strategies.
- The post holder will be responsible for ensuring the policy is developed tested and agreed and implemented to schedule.
- The post holder will ensure that all security documentation is properly maintained and updated as the programme develops and that changes are flown down to both the policy and technical functions of the programme.
- Leadership - you will need to be a self-starter with a proven ability to set direction, successfully drive complex areas of work under your own initiative and deliver strong results. You will be confident in working with Ministers and Board Level Members of industry, using a variety of communication mechanisms to inform, consult and influence partners and stakeholders.
- Strategic Thinking - a strong ability to understand the industrial and policy drivers of strategy and to influence strategy at a national, departmental and cross-Government level.
- Establish effective working relationships with relevant OGDs and other public bodies to engage them in System Security development and implementation for and within the programme, and to ensure that they have a common understanding of the programme's wide-ranging security and Accreditation requirements and objectives coupled with the programme's aims.
- Identify opportunities to engage OGDs and other public bodies on the programme to secure buy-in.
- Provide briefing with regards to security and system accreditation, and security input into UKSA and BEIS procedures as required to support the programme (e.g. reviews, reporting).
- Ensure that the programme embeds security as a programme and business enabler rather than technically-led.
- Lead of the delivery of system security requirements, their implementation and system security accreditation documentation which has a significant policy focus.
- Identify and challenge any failure of the programme to act in accordance with the security policy objectives so that it can be considered and addressed if necessary.
- Lead on the provision security and system accreditation policy input to the development of the programme.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Qualifications:
- Significant experience of GNSS Security work is required.
- Experience of all aspects of security implementation and System Accreditation is required.
- Experience of working on a programme or project with significant political interest would be an advantage.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities. The ability to draft clearly and concisely is required.
9 MONTH CONTRACT - scope to extend
£950 per day INSIDE IR35
YOU MUST BE DV CLEARED
Please apply with an up to date CV. Do not apply if you do not have an active DV.
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an Employment Business in regards to this position. Visit our website www.lawrenceharvey.com and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @lawharveyjobs
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Network and Security Analyst
£45000.00 - £50000.00 per annum + Bonus
Head of Network Security
City of London, London
Up to £700 per day + NEG
Network Security Consultant
£450.00 - £550.00 per day + Negotiable
AWS Security Architect
City of London, London
£700 - £900 per day
Senior Security Architect
£90000 - £100000 per annum + Benefits