|Job Title:||Security Designer|
|Contact Name:||Alex Young|
|Job Published:||June 08, 2018 09:00|
Experience as Security Consultant, Security Designer or Security Architect
Excellent communication capabilities to provide rapid and concise summaries of complex scenarios
Excellent knowledge of minimum of three Information Security solutions in enterprise networks:
o Security Logging & Monitoring
o SIEM (ArcSight\Splunk)
o Security Analytics
o (Sec) DevOp's working practice
o Agile Development
o Big Data (Hadoop - Cloudera Ecosystem)
o Kafka Message Bus
The role holder is responsible as the designer for activities that detail our next generation logging monitoring and analytics capability. This will involve
The role is responsible for leading the definition & design of our next-generation security logging, monitoring and analytic platforms. This will uplift the operational capability & effectiveness of our Cyber Security teams, and enable us to detect new and evolving threats proactively, thereby reducing the risk to the company and our customers.
You will be responsible for:
* Solution scoping - work with diverse stakeholders from across the wider security team to ensure that business requirements are collected, validated and clearly prioritised to meet business goals
* Solution design - responsible for supporting the Architecture team with completing high level designs, and thentaking the lead to then create the necessary lower level designs and specifications to enable solution delivery activities to be successful. The particular technical areas of responsibility that are key for this role will include:-
- Supporting the in-life design modifications to our existing Arcsight SIEM platform globally
- Design of a new modular and scalable security logging 'ingestion' layer comprising both Arcsight Data Platform (ADP) and Kafka technologies.
- Design of an enterprise scale 'big data' (Hadoop) storage cluster
- Supporting the evaluation and subsequent deployment of advanced analytical and visualization technologies
* Solution Updates - responsible for ensuring any significant 'in-life' design changes are assessed and progressed effectively
* Solution Governance - responsible for ensuring that all design documentation and progress reporting arrangements comply with the project gating process throughout the relevant stages of the solution lifecycle - this can be either waterfall, agile, or a hybrid depending on the nature of the solution required.
* Knowledge Transfer - support and coach colleagues with their development, and also knowledge transfer across the wider team
Post Implementation Design Review - proactively contribute to post implementation review (PIR) learning sessions to ensure the designs implemented have met the needs and requirements of the business, and role modelling continuous Improvement.
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
Either - Degree in Computer Science, Data / Information Technology, Engineering or comparable experience
Sound understanding of methodologies of project management
Experience constructing documentation and standards
Preferable consultancy work experience and Professional Security Qualification (like CISSP, CEH, CISM Sans GMON)
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an Employment Business in regards to this position.
Visit our website www.lawrenceharvey.com and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @lawharveyjobs
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's