Senior Business Analyst
|Job Title:||Senior Business Analyst|
|Location:||Manchester, Greater Manchester|
|Salary:||£400 - £500 per day|
|Contact Name:||Millie Scriven|
|Job Published:||January 26, 2021 17:00|
Contract opportunity: Senior Business Analyst - Remote - 6 months - INSIDE IR35 - £400-500 per day
Please note: This role is INSIDE IR35, please do not apply if you are not happy working inside IR35
* Encourage and promote Agile methodologies across functions, setting standards across the function and ensuring these standards and methodologies are followed. Work to educate the BA teams working across the functions on Agile principles, methods and tools to support their development.
* Operate as a BA either on large, complex products or services, or across a number of products or services simultaneously. Additionally, manage other BAs within the functional area by quality assuring on the work produced.
* Lead workshops, interviews, focus groups and other techniques to effectively understand business problems and user needs within large complex products or services.
* Translate the business problem and user needs into a set of detailed requirements for the solution that align to best practice methodology, with the appropriate use of epics, features, user stories and defined acceptance criteria.
* Manage senior stakeholder relationships, ensuring alignment across business and technical stakeholders. Ensure issues and risks raised are resolved in an appropriate manner. Operate beyond the product/ service level, managing stakeholders across the organisation.
* Define test scenarios and conditions for use throughout the test cycle of each sprint and work with testers and developers to identify defects & resolutions and clarify any existing ambiguity.
* Communicate effectively across senior technical and business stakeholders, ensuring the understanding of requirements and acceptance criteria is aligned. Additionally, work to identify and categorise issues, helping to manage and resolve any conflict that arises and promote collaborative behaviour.
* Understand the business processes and activities that impact and that are impacted by the product or service whilst developing an understanding of how the product or service aligns with the wider strategy of the department. Additionally, advise on the appropriate selection techniques to model business processes as per the service scenario.
* As part of the modelling process, work to identify potential process improvements, considering risks, issues and benefits.
* Support in the production of business cases, this includes market analysis from a technical and non-technical point of view and producing cost/benefit analysis for proposed solutions
* Advise the Product Owner in agreeing the suitable mix of epics, features & stories for each sprint, as well as actively contributing towards prioritisation activities. Additionally, be comfortable operating as a Product Owner on an interim basis where necessary.
* Leading initiatives and championing continual learning & development within the BA community. Additionally running development sessions and lunch & learns.
* Be a leading member of the BA community, taking on line management responsibilities for multiple BA across the department. Additionally, play a significant role in recruitment & performance assessment activities within the department.
* Promote the department's work externally, both across government and to the external market. Additionally, take ownership for promoting new ways of working and techniques from industry within the department, championing improvements where possible.
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an Employment Business in regards to this position. Visit our website and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies (lawharveyjobs)
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
MI Business Analyst
£50000 - £65000 per annum + pension, benefits
Technical Business Analyst
£400 - £450 per day
£50000 - £60000 per annum + pension, benefits
£45000 - £70000 per annum + pension, benefits
£40000 - £55000 per annum + pension, benefits