Senior Data Scientist
|Job Title:||Senior Data Scientist|
|Salary:||£725 - £750 per day + Via Umbrella Company|
|Start Date:||Monday 12th April 2021|
|Contact Name:||Musa Konteh|
|Job Published:||March 10, 2021 15:11|
Senior Data Scientist - 18month Contract - Remote (Bristol) - Government Body (INSIDE IR35)
MUST HOLD AN ACTIVE SC CLEARANCE (DV acceptable, No Sponsorship)
Cyber Mission Data-Alpha (CMD-A) shall improve the quality of data, through new data structures to enable data exploitation through Machine Learning and Data Science.
CMD-A will facilitate the delivery of new Cyber Insights upon data currently held and identify information to assist decision making whilst saving resource effort through automation.
Key Essential skills and experience
- Master's in Computer Science/similar field with 5+ years' experience in Data Scientist/similar role - or Bachelor's in Computer Science/similar field with 7+ years' experience in Data Scientist/similar role.
- Good knowledge of R, Python and MATLAB
- Applied maths, statistics, and scientific practices. Understand, teach and supervise a range of practices and can apply theory's to practical situations.
- Data engineering/manipulation. Experience building data pipelines at scale using a range of toolsets. Advise on data engineering practices, lead data exploration by identifying/setting best practice. Identify future innovation opportunities
- Developing data science capability. Promote/monitor continuous professional development of your organisation. Develop knowledge of cutting-edge techniques and share this knowledge. Develop and support data science capability across the organisation
- Understanding product life cycle analysis. Understand, teach and supervise a wide range of analysis techniques. Help organisations create and learn from strategic insights. Apply innovative approaches to resolve problems
- Domain expertise. Create data products proportionate to business benefit/achieve significant impact. Present analysis/visualisations to communicate complex messages. Support the evolution of data governance/take responsibility for applying ethical frameworks.
- Programming and build. Design, code, test, correct and document moderate-to-complex programs/scripts from agreed specifications, using agreed standards and tools. Collaborate with others to review specifications where appropriate.
*NOTE*: During this COVID-19 pandemic, currently all staff work from home. This role will be similarly affected.
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an Employment Business in regards to this position. Visit our website and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies (lawharveyjobs)
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's