|Job Title:||Senior Estimator|
|Salary:||Up to £400.00 per day|
|Contact Name:||Millie Scriven|
|Job Published:||January 15, 2020 13:51|
Contract opportunity: Senior Estimator - Nottinghamshire - initial 3 months - £350-400 per day - outside IR35
- Able to demonstrate mathematical competence and confidence with complex theory and formulae
- Competent in standard Microsoft Applications
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Confident in written, verbal and face to face communications both internally and externally
- Basic Engineering/Building technology and terminology
- Able to read and understand engineering specifications and/or drawings
- An understanding of contractual terms and risk, and standard mitigations.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to build effective relationships with key stakeholders
- Experience in an estimating role or similar commercial based activity
- Maths and English GCSE or equivalent
- Ability to work to under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Engineering, Quantity Surveying or Relevant Project or Management Experience.
- Computer Literate
- 5 yrs post qualification experience of working in multi-disciplined projects or commercial management with the motivation to continuing their professional development. 0-2yrs Estimating experience.
- Effective communicator with all levels of staff.
Business and Personal Competencies
- Is strongly focused on analysing, developing and implementing best practice in order to provide effective support to the estimating team and the strategic development of the business as a whole.
- Understands how the Company works and its objectives. Has detailed knowledge of strategies, practices and systems within own area of expertise and understands the cross-functional interaction within the business.
Planning and Organising
- Analyses and assesses information.
- Generates decisions and possible solutions.
- Takes into account impact of possible action within the company.
- Able to balance priorities and schedule resources.
- Shares views of others, listens well, acts on instructions.
- Can communicate new and imaginative ideas, identify fresh approaches, breaks away from tradition.
- Project focused.
- Adopts thoughtful, determined approach in pursuit of goals.
- Desire to develop and increase professional development.
- Ability to act with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to work to tight timescales/deadlines in order to meet tender targets.
- Ability to adapt and accept whatever tasks are required to meet the estimating and company objectives.
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an Employment Business in regards to this position. Visit our website www.lawrenceharvey.com and follow us on Twitter for all live vacancies @lawharveyjobs
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's